I would like some feedback on how others are addressing this.
I have a roof system with sloped owsj/metal deck(floor). I have been doing a rather painful, manual work around for YEARS now.
Each time the rood slope changes, I essentially remodel the roof framing for a couple of reasons one being the owsj will reset their location to line up the top of joist to top of framing member they are coming into (anayltical model, I get it, stupid but I get it). I have seen it all. I will manually override the end elevation and the joist will do some crazy extension, delete, become slightly off axis....I have not been successful with trying to modify the owsj family to have the reference level associated with the shoe depth location. I can get to it work but some of the web groups stay messed up and I haven't had the time to devote to it. Anyway, that is another discussion. I have tried creating a roof reference plane to no avail. I have tried a beam system (but I can't position the first and last joist with equal spacing in between) It is even worse when the owsj is perpendicular to the slope. I have to carefully check every joist every time. I have some really big jobs coming up. I need to find a solution.
Any thoughts?
Jennifer