Thread: 3DCLIP: Circular objects beyond clipping planes only appear during plotting?

Login to Give a bone

Question 3DCLIP: Circular objects beyond clipping planes only appear during plotting?

I am referencing a model that contains various circular solids. When using the 3DCLIP command I will activate clipping planes in viewports to achieve 2D views accordingly. When I plot the drawing however some circular obljects that are outside the clipping planes show up in the plot file. I have tried turning off layers for these objects and this will get most of them but I still have a few that show up and I can't get rid of them. The funny thing is you don't even know they are there until you actually plot the drawing or do a plot preview. I have been using the wipeout command to hide them but there are times when I can't do that. Has anyone else ever experienced this and if so do you know what causes it and how to stop these oblects from plotting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 3DCLIP: Circular objects beyond clipping planes only appear during plotting?

Do you have shadeplot set to "as displayed"? If so try changing it to "hidden".

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 3DCLIP: Circular objects beyond clipping planes only appear during plotting?

That will work however I cannot use the hidden shadeplot as I have objects "inside" my solid that must appear on the drawing when plotted. Thanks for the input though. This seems to be a problem with no easy resolve. In my oinion Autodesk could stand to improve the 3Dclip command as it is powerful but very limiting in that there are not many options available within the function.