Thread: Renumbering...

Default Renumbering...

View renumbering can be a real pain. If you want to a a detail in the middle of the sheet, you have to start at the end of the sheet and renumber each detail one by one.

When the browser is filtered by Sheet Number/View Number - it would be nice if you could drag and drop the views up/down and this would automatically renumber all the details on a sheet. Of course this need not afftect placement on the sheet so it gives firms the choice or right-left or left-right numbering.

Default Re: Renumbering...

I just did a search of the forums looking for a solution to this issue - apparently there isn't one. I like Aaron's suggestion for how to renumber as well. Hopefully someone's working on it.

I know, I know, it's one more in a list of a hundred small things that need to be implemented, and the debate as to whether you implement features to help with issues that are a pita but workable, versus adding new capabilities, and I understand that the developers are working as fast as they can... but can't Autodesk afford to hire a few more programmers to help out? - some of this stuff seems really basic...

Renumbering is one of the tasks I loathe, especially on large detail sheets.

Another sugestion may be to be able to go into an "Edit Sketch" type of mode which would allow you to renumber the views on a sheet with out getting canceled out for duplicating a number. When finished, if there are any duplicate numbers the typical warnings would prompt you to fix the error before letting you out of the edit mode.

All AUGI, all the time J. Grouchy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irusun
    I just did a search of the forums looking for a solution to this issue - apparently there isn't one. I like Aaron's suggestion for how to renumber as well. Hopefully someone's working on it.
    Not quite the same thing...but I posted a while back about automated numbering when placing views on sheets... see this post

I do like the sketch mode idea...
    Or...maybe it lets you give duplicate numbers but will give you a warning and highlight those views (maybe even the entire view) with duplicate numbers. You can only renumber while in the sheet view, so you would see it immediately. I suppose that suggestion won't go over too well here, though.