Thread: Creating riser blocks

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Creating riser blocks

So the company i work for has been creating network diagrams in autocad for years without blocks, attributes or in general any new functions of autocad's since like 2006. i have a bit of free time in one of our slow periods and have been trying to update our system just to make it easier on me. however i am stuck on a specific block i am trying to make.
    1. Is it possible to make two text attributes that are editable as one attribute item? (i need them to say the same thing)
    2. how do i add a text attribute to a move action on a point parameter? (every time i have tried it just ignores it and gives me "1 unlocked AttDef filtered from selection.")
    3. is it possible to run a script of some kind so I can change the text attribute on say a dozen of these blocks so they will start at a specific number and then raise by one in the order i selected them?
    Thanks in advance for the responses.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Creating riser blocks

Kyle, congrats on your first post! You'll find that there are many helpful folks here and that you'll want to contribute when you see others asking about ground you have covered.

Sorry I can't speak to q1 or q2, but I have covered a little ground on q3. I don't remember where I stumbled on this code, but it does what you were asking for by setting attribute values sequencially in the order that you pick blocks with attributes. test it out and see if that's what you were after. It is autolisp - just drag it into AutoCAD to load it - that's a quick way to test something. You'll have to call it from the command line with ASQ.

Hope that helps get you started.
    Ron
    Attached Files Attached Files

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

1. Yes - The second Attrib needs to be the Field Value of the first Attrib. When creating this second Attrib keep its value as nothing other than the Field. Do not assign any numeral or character to it.
    2. Attribs in Dynamic Blocks need to be Locked and are usually so by default. If you are using old Blocks that already had Attribs embedded in them then you will need to Lock these while in the Block Editor (BE). (Click on the Attrib and you will see the option to Lock at the bottom of the Properties window if you have this open.). Not all will behave as you wish when this is done so you may end up deleting and recreating some of the Attribs.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

can you post the block with the attributes so that those who can help will be able to see. I should have the time to recreate it and i can give u step by step on how create them. that will get you thru steps one and two. step 3 may take me a little time to figure out, and i would need a little more info on how this is applied