Thread: I wish KEYNOTES behaved in the same as TEXT annotations

Wish List Administration

Default I wish KEYNOTES behaved in the same as TEXT annotations

Summary: We prefer to show the descriptive text of the keynote (rather than the code)

Description: Keynotes to have all the same formating and leader functionality as TEXT

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Annotation Tools

Submitted By: Ian Nelson on Tue, 12 Jun 2012

100 Club

Default Re: I wish KEYNOTES behaved in the same as TEXT annotations

you can create a keynote tag that shows the keynote text, rather than a keynote code, or a tag label can be made to show both; (just edit the keynote tag family, double-click the label and add parameters from the left column to the right, then reload into your project).

however, no matter what you do, keynotes do not behave like text annotations -- Revit limits the keynote to show only those two parameters, and the keynote text can only be added/changed in the keynote.txt file that is linked to your project. this is a fundamental flaw in the process -- not only is it completely unintuitive, it is cumbersome, overly complicated for such as basic tool and offers no advantage in the way it currently works. it has the potential to be an awesome tool, but it needs the text to be editable within Revit, and needs more fields to be added to the keynote legend for that data to be useful in real world scheduling (at present schedules can display keynote codes but not keynote text, and keynote legends cannot display anything other than keynote text or codes).

Default Re: I wish KEYNOTES behaved in the same as TEXT annotations

Adding (albeit very late) to this WISH!!!! As our firm moves into keynoting on a massive scale now, it floors me that we need six to eight Keynote Tags. We need a right, and Left Hand Justified version (since we are displaying the text in the field), and versions with different sized "Text Fields" (Long, Medium, Short). If the Keynote Tag simply had Text functionality which would allow us to size the text field, its usability would multiply exponentially. If we could just click it and change the justification and whether it is showing the number, the text or both... via an instance parameter... then I believe almost all opposition to the Keynoting feature would melt away. Please... please... please give us simple Text Annotation like control with Keynote Tags!!!!!