Summary: I wish Corridor Solids would graduate and become a part of Civil3D 2013 and onwards.

Description: Corridor Solids is a fantastic Tech Preview available on Autodesk Labs for Civil3D 2012. I wish it would graduate and become available also for Civil3D 2013 with a few enhancements to the available Tech Preview (which currently is only available for Civil3D 2012).

1. You should be possible to choose between creating a Body Object, ACIS 3D Solid and swept 3D Solids.
2. Would be great if Link codes would also come thorugh as Body Object Surfaces.
3. Should be able to split the Solid not only according to Corridor Regions but also by Assembly Frequency.
4. My preferred Naming convention (Layer) for resulting Solids would be [Corridor Name] [(optional) Region Name] [(optional) Frequency Counter] [Subassembly Shape].

With the above features it would be a killer tool to use to create Solids for massing and 4D simulation.Also Body Object Surfaces and Swept 3D Solids are fantastic for massing interaction with Revit.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Corridor

Submitted By: Henrik Ljungberg on Tue, 12 Jun 2012