When I resolve a problem I get a bunch of others !
- making concrete roof waves of constant thickness --> resolved with adaptative component hosting roofs by faces
--> problem : roof top faces show a stepped join because of roof "plumb cut" raft locked parameter.
--> No solution, should probably be corrected in 2D.
- roof waves evolve between multiple sloped planes and their intersections --> resolved by using shafts and wraped floors to acquire & pick waves hosting coordinates
--> problem : when I rise the shafts to exclude the roofs by faces created at point 1 from the shaft range, adaptative hosting roof folds erases themselves and roofs by faces become un-updatable !!
--> No solution, roof by face slopes stays where were picked and cannot be updated anymore without placing a new adaptative module and attaching new roofs by face entities.
- creating sloped roof valley infills --> resolved by cutting Roof by face from point 1 with a sloped reference floor extrusion and then place an adaptative infill by picking the resulting points
--> problem : when I uncut the sloped reference floor extrusion to recover the original roof by face geometry done at point 1, all adaptative Infills erases themselves !
--> Alternative : replace the whole bottom geometry by the infill entity by acquiring the outermost (thus bottom face) roof intersections with the sloped ref floor to host the infill points an then try to join roof slopes and the infill so I haven't to unjoin the cutting sloped ref floor
--> problem : I cannot join one of the roof by face slope (the only triangular one) with the infill ! This certainely because of the previous post's trick used to create the infill (2 bottom points separated by 0.2mm to simulate a pyramial end)
--> No solution until now unless placing model lines where all adaptative infills should be hosted..... There are still 180 modules -> 180 infills needing 6 lines per infills that I will have to place manually and will not be able to delete afterward !!
SO QUESTIONS ARE :
- Is there a solution to model in an adaptative family the volume of the extrusion from any polygon to ONE apex point other than a square based pyramid (we should be able to extrude volumes off ALL those forms : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid..._polygon_faces )... at least a tetrahedron !
- Is there a way to "free" an already hosted adaptative component from its hosting entities without changing its own geometry. or loosing it...
Have you got any thought over those last problems ?