Thread: Wall Cleanup Issues

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Wall Cleanup Issues

Had one of our drafters present this to me the afternoon before a deadline. He created the attached using lines and then turned them into walls (custom at that).

Anyone seen wall styles not cleanup as badly as this drawing? There are only three different wall styles and even if they are the same, some won't clean up with one another. I have never seen this before. Elevations appear to be 0", I have made sure that they are all on the same wall style cleanup, etc. and I can't think of anything else. I am sure that once someone else opens this up, it will be pristine.

ACA 2008, PN.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tra1133; 2012-06-18 at 06:18 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wall Cleanup Issues

Selecting all of the Walls in the file at once resulted in the Elevation property on the Design tab of the Properties tab reporting "*VARIES*". Entering "0" (without the quotes) resolved many of the cleanup issues. The Walls I looked at (there were a lot, and I did not have time to look at them all) used Center justification. Nothing wrong with that, but when different Walls styles of different thicknesses running in the same direction meet, with one side aligned, the Justification lines do not touch, so no cleanup will take place, unless you add a cleanup radius to one of the abutting Walls, of sufficient radius to encompass the endpoint of the Justification line of the other Wall.

The attached file has all of the Wall elevations set to zero and a cleanup radius applied at one of the abutting conditions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wall Cleanup Issues

Thanks. I assumed that it was an elevation issue. I did the same as you and nothing happened, so I assume it has something to do with how the drafter created the walls (drawing lines and then converting them into walls) as well as a glitch somewhere. We ended up just recreating the shell of the buildings from scratch, to include recreating their wall styles. It took a little while but we got it fixed.