See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: AMPOWEREDIT issues

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default AMPOWEREDIT issues

When I double click a selected block to edit the attributes, I continue to get AMPOWEREDIT in the command line and then cannot edit the attribute. On a dead line, Please advise ASAP. Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AMPOWEREDIT issues

I'm assuming you're using AutoCAD Mechanical?

Does this thread help at all?
    http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCA...g/td-p/3182336
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    I'm assuming you're using AutoCAD Mechanical?

Does this thread help at all?
    http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCA...g/td-p/3182336
    I am still having this issue when selecting blocks with editable attributes; the thread you shared above does not help it only glosses over the issue. Please advise, thank you!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Allen View Post
    I am still having this issue when selecting blocks with editable attributes; the thread you shared above does not help it only glosses over the issue. Please advise, thank you!
    Well, I'm no use, hopefully an AutoCAD Mechanical user will be able to assist you...
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Thank you for helping!

Login to Give a bone

Mech 2012: Does anyone know how to restore "ampoweredit" command? I have tried "DBLCLKEDIT" on and off and it had no effect. Please advise, Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Darren,
    Are you on subscription? If you are, you should send this to Autodesk and let them help you, it's what you are paying for!
    I'm not familiar with acad mechanical, but I would imagine that after messing with something like this for over a year it would be worth it to have autodesk help.

Login to Give a bone

We have many user who do not use ampoweredit. To handle this I'm not aware of a way to turn off. What we did is exchange the toolbar and ribbon commands with appropriate edit commands. We did leave ampowererase and power copy. If you use help and look for "power edit" it will give you a list of command that happen when you use it for different objects.

I believe you are having trouble with the refedit command actually, and want to get to the eattedit command. You can also affect the double pick in the CUI file if you want to go there.

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: AMPOWEREDIT issues

I think I found the answer. This solution assumes that you don't want to use "ampoweredit" for anything, and want to use "textedit" (or DDedit) in its place. Pardon the over-explanation below. I wanted to be thorough. The lisp routine below is basically a way to disable or turn off ampoweredit and fixes the problem with textediting a dimension.

Code:
    (defun c:ampoweredit ()
    (command "textedit" (ssget "_P"))
    )
    Explanation for those who want to know:
    Regardless of what your double-click settings in the CUI are set for (i.e. "TEXTEDIT", etc.,) if you're using AutoCAD Mechanical, the system automatically puts ampoweredit in the command line. So I wrote a lisp routine to override the default code for ampoweredit. This way, when you double click a dimension, the system says "Hey, run ampoweredit." and then it says "No, wait! Run "textedit" on the previously clicked dimension text instead!"

*If you are using some other form of cad, you may be able to simply rename this lisp from "c:ampoweredit" to whatever command you see pop up in your command line when you double click on a dimension. (ie "c:<your command name>")

*If you're new to lisp routines, ONE way to make sure this always gets loaded is to type APPLOAD in the command line and then click on "contents" right under "Startup Suite" and then click "add" and browse for the saved lisp routine. Put the text above in a text file and then change the file extension to .lsp (that's a lowercase L). Make sure you store this in a "trusted" autocad folder. Or add the folder to your trusted folder list in autocad.
    Last edited by Wanderer; 2019-07-10 at 04:14 PM.

Login to Give a bone

I think I found the answer. This solution assumes that you don't want to use "ampoweredit" for anything. Pardon the over-explanation below. But I wanted to reach as many users as possible because this problem has been bugging me for over a year now lol. The lisp routine below is basically a way to disable or turn off ampoweredit and fixes the problem with textediting a dimension.

Code:
    (defun c:ampoweredit ()
    (command "textedit" (ssget "_P"))
    )
    Explanation for those who want to know:
    Regardless of what your double-click settings in the CUI are set for (i.e. "TEXTEDIT", etc.,) if you're using AutoCAD Mechanical, the system automatically puts ampoweredit in the command line. So I wrote a lisp routine to override the default code for ampoweredit. This way, when you double click a dimension, the system says "Hey, run ampoweredit." and then it says "No, wait! Run "textedit" on the previously clicked dimension text instead!"

*If you are using some other form of cad, you may be able to simply rename this lisp from "c:ampoweredit" to whatever command you see pop up in your command line when you double click on a dimension. (ie "c:<your command name>")

*If you're new to lisp routines, ONE way to make sure this always gets loaded is to type APPLOAD in the command line and then click on "contents" right under "Startup Suite" and then click "add" and browse for the saved lisp routine. Put the text above in a text file and then change the file extension to .lsp (that's a lowercase L). Make sure you store this in a "trusted" autocad folder. Or add the folder to your trusted folder list in autocad.
    Last edited by Wanderer; 2019-07-10 at 04:14 PM.