Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: EXTRACT ATTRIBUTE DATA FROM SELECTED OBJECTS & CREATE TABLE IN MODEL SPACE

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default EXTRACT ATTRIBUTE DATA FROM SELECTED OBJECTS & CREATE TABLE IN MODEL SPACE

I am drawing assemblies and have many parts that are labeled on the views. Some of the parts are used multiple times on the assembly drawing, so I need to create a table for each drawing to show an overall bill of materials. Could someone help me with a LISP that I can just select all of my blocks in that drawing, and it will create a simple table with the attribute data and combined quantities?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: EXTRACT ATTRIBUTE DATA FROM SELECTED OBJECTS & CREATE TABLE IN MODEL SPACE

Have you looked into using the DATAEXTRACTION Command?
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: EXTRACT ATTRIBUTE DATA FROM SELECTED OBJECTS & CREATE TABLE IN MODEL SPACE

I have used dataextraction but I have so many tables to make that a LISP makes much more sense. It would cut out all of the data extraction creation steps.

Login to Give a bone

Hi James,

Your request is very similar to a request I made not so long ago.
    See this thread: - http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...isp-table-help

I got an excellent response.

Login to Give a bone

Ignored as unanswered

~'J'~
    Last edited by fixo; 2012-06-27 at 10:31 AM.

Design Visualization Moderator stusic's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I made a LISP to do a data extraction. But because the command line version of the DATAEXTRACTION command lacks in any options, what I ended up doing was making a workaround.

Because I only wanted certain attributed blocks, I set up a dxe template file with all the options I wanted, including all the blocks I want to extract, then saved this as dext.dxe in my C:\Temp folder. This command performs a SAVEAS to save the drawing as dext.dwg in the temp folder, performs the data extraction, then saveas it back to its original filename. It's not elegant, but it's the only way I could figure out how to automate the extraction with all the options I want.

Hope this helps!

Code:
    (vl-load-com)
    (dos_demandload)

(defun c:dext ( / *error* vars old dn dp dwg)

(princ "\nPlease wait while DEXT processes the BOM Table...")

(defun *error* ( msg );error handler
        (and old (mapcar 'setvar vars old))
        (or (wcmatch (strcase msg) "*BREAK,*CANCEL*,*EXIT*")
            (princ (strcat "\n** Error: " msg " **")))
        (princ)
      )

(setq vars '("CMDECHO" "FILEDIA") old (mapcar 'getvar vars))
      (mapcar 'setvar vars '(0 0));set variables

(setq dn (getvar "dwgname"));get filename
      (setq dp (getvar "dwgprefix"));get file path

(setq xls (vl-string-subst ".xls" ".dwg" dn))

(dos_copy "X:\\CONTROLLED_DOCUMENTS\\SYSTEMS\\ENGINEERING_DOCUMENTS\\AUTOCAD_STANDARDS\\Templates\\dext.dxe" "c:\\temp\\dext.dxe");copy dext.dxe from server to local to keep local copy up to date
    (dos_copy "X:\\CONTROLLED_DOCUMENTS\\SYSTEMS\\ENGINEERING_DOCUMENTS\\AUTOCAD_STANDARDS\\Templates\\dext.xls" "c:\\temp\\dext.xls")
    (dos_copy "X:\\CONTROLLED_DOCUMENTS\\SYSTEMS\\ENGINEERING_DOCUMENTS\\AUTOCAD_STANDARDS\\Templates\\dext.dwg" "c:\\temp\\dext.dwg")

(command "SAVEAS" "2010" (strcat "C:\\Temp" "\\" "dext.dwg") "YES");temporary directory for dummy dxe

(command "-dataextraction" "c:\\temp\\dext.dxe" "YES" "-75,75,0");perform the data extraction, place the table at a specific location in drawing

(command "_.DELAY" 7000);allows time for acad to write the xls file

(dos_copy "c:\\temp\\dext.xls" (strcat dp "..\\misc\\" xls));copy excel sheet to misc folder in project directory

(command "SAVEAS" "2010" (strcat dp dn) "YES");restore dwg to original directory

(mapcar 'setvar vars old);return variables
      (princ "\nDEXT has successfully created the Item List")
      (princ);exit quietly
      )

Login to Give a bone

For those that do not already have DOSLib:

http://www.en.na.mcneel.com/doslib.htm

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Design Visualization Moderator stusic's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RenderMan View Post
    For those that do not already have DOSLib:

http://www.en.na.mcneel.com/doslib.htm
    Yes, forgot to mention that. Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

No worries, stusic.

Computer Specs:

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

This would probably work for what I need, but I have no idea how to use it lol. I saved and loaded the LISP, but DEXT does not do anything. I also downloaded and installed the DOSLib, but have no idea what that is for either...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast