Thread: Making custom hatch patterns

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Making custom hatch patterns

Hello everyone,

At some point in the past I remember I was able to create a custom hatch pattern from autocad but I do not recall what I did.
    I did a web search and all I came up with were plug-ins. If I recall I believe I maybe used a lisp?

I am on autocad 2012 and 2013, and I am wondering if someone can give me hand on how to create a hatch.
    What I ultimately want to do is use this pattern I made to represent a perforated metal panel in a building elevation.

Thanks !

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Making custom hatch patterns

Quote Originally Posted by crullier View Post
    Hello everyone,

At some point in the past I remember I was able to create a custom hatch pattern from autocad but I do not recall what I did.
    I did a web search and all I came up with were plug-ins. If I recall I believe I maybe used a lisp?

I am on autocad 2012 and 2013, and I am wondering if someone can give me hand on how to create a hatch.
    What I ultimately want to do is use this pattern I made to represent a perforated metal panel in a building elevation.

Thanks !
    Try this Hatchmaker.lsp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for this nice lisp auto hatch maker. I am new here and just trying to find something and I thought of searching for the hatch maker. I was making this tedious way of making a hatch by taking each of my drawn pattern line from point to point, offset to next offset, angles, and starting points manually which is taking me about 4 hours each complicated patterns. But because of this nice lisp scripts. Everything now changed and I might as well start learning lisp scripting to automate my job.

I suggest to make this small program upgraded to have some function of changing the scale of the pattern. I thought of doing it so because I am making drawing in precision of millimetre..

Once again thanks a lot...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rhaynzy287514 View Post
    Thanks for this nice lisp auto hatch maker. I am new here and just trying to find something and I thought of searching for the hatch maker. I was making this tedious way of making a hatch by taking each of my drawn pattern line from point to point, offset to next offset, angles, and starting points manually which is taking me about 4 hours each complicated patterns. But because of this nice lisp scripts. Everything now changed and I might as well start learning lisp scripting to automate my job.

I suggest to make this small program upgraded to have some function of changing the scale of the pattern. I thought of doing it so because I am making drawing in precision of millimetre..

Once again thanks a lot...
    welcome to the forum!
    glad to be of help

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by nod684 View Post
    Try this Hatchmaker.lsp
    So I know this post is pretty old. I also know there is the express tools super hatch command. But that is not what I am looking for. After searching for a custom hatch pattern generator, with being able to select objects you have drawn as the hatch this lisp routine is great. One thing though, our standard pattern has to be 9 feet x 12 feet large and this routine only does a 1 x 1 inch square. Any idea if having the 9 x 12 as a starter "pattern" is possible?

Thanks in advance.

I could stop if I wanted to hugh.69031's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Miller View Post
    So I know this post is pretty old. I also know there is the express tools super hatch command. But that is not what I am looking for. After searching for a custom hatch pattern generator, with being able to select objects you have drawn as the hatch this lisp routine is great. One thing though, our standard pattern has to be 9 feet x 12 feet large and this routine only does a 1 x 1 inch square. Any idea if having the 9 x 12 as a starter "pattern" is possible?

Thanks in advance.
    Not with that generator, nor any other free generator that I am aware of, all of which create a square pattern so scaling their output will not work for you. I believe GlobalCAD's generator allows patterns based on a rectangle, while HatchKit allows patterns arranged on a parallelogram - which can be rectanglar.

To use HatchKit, save your rectangular pattern template drawn in AutoCAD as DXF, open in HatchKit, edit, name and save as a PAT file.

HatchKit Demonstration version. We offer a version targeting AutoCAD.

Remember to draw the pattern template using the units you wish the pattern to follow.

hth,
    Hugh Adamson
    www.hatchkit.com.au

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by nod684 View Post
    Try this Hatchmaker.lsp
    what is the command for this lisp.( hatchmaker)

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by zeshan058731767 View Post
    what is the command for this lisp.( hatchmaker)
    Searching "Hatchmaker.lsp" for "defun C:" I found two commands DrawHatch & SaveHatch.