Thread: Content Browser i-drop not working

Login to Give a bone

Default Content Browser i-drop not working

When I try to insert a style from the content browser, the eyedropper fills up like usual, but when I drag it to my drawing, nothing happens. The only way I can insert styles is by adding the style to a toolbar, and then dragging it from there to my drawing. I just ran a repair for ACAD but that didn't fix it. I read that there may be problems with .Net but I did a repair for that also and that didn't fix it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Content Browser i-drop not working

I have the same problem - no solution yet. Our reseller is working on it. In addition to not being able to idrop content into the drawing, I also cannot idrop complete custom palettes into the tool palettes list. I can only idrop individual tools into an existing palette. Problem is only with Windows 7 - ACA 2013 loaded on an XP machine works fine.

Login to Give a bone

I also am having the issue... I also cannot idrop complete custom palettes into the tool palettes list... can't even i-drop the out of the box tool palette groups into AutoCAD. Mine is AutoCAD MEP... installed from a deployment. I re-created our whole set of tool palettes from the original drawing file from which they were created a couple years ago. I first opened each drawing file and saved them forward into 2013... then created the toolpalettes and groups... from scratch. I then got them into contentbrowser. All up to this point worked fine... except when I try to i-drop them into the workspace of another computer. Doesn't mater if it is 32 or 64 bit.

We kept our palettes in ContentBrowser for sometime now... but it appears I will have to try another method.

oh, but the way... at several points I got an error message dialog titled 'Autodesk Content Browser 2013' The catalog you are trying to acess c:\blah\blah\blah... cannot be loaded or is not the correct format... but it was his or miss.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I have just installed the latest service pack and it completely resolved this problem for us.

Service pack link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL20556359

Login to Give a bone

Since I first posted, I had installed a plug-in to view civil 3d drawings. After I installed that plug-in, many of my commands wouldn't work, in addition to the eyedropper. After repairing and re-installing, I did a complete removal and deleted every file relating to Autodesk, including the registry, and installed 2013 again. Everything works perfectly now. I don't know if there had been an issue since I had upgraded from 2011 and still had those files on my computer or not. Any way, it's fixed now and haven't had any issues.

Yeah, I noticed an update was available this week and have already installed it. Now hopefully smooth sailing, at least for a few days.