Thread: Teaching CAD Online - How do you do it?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Question Teaching CAD Online - How do you do it?

Hi all.

I develop and facilitate online CAD courses for my Community College and I am looking for others who do or have done the same. What have your experiences been? What do you feel is lacking in your courses and how could you overcome those issues?

I want to improve my courses becasue I feel they are too one-sided as far as communication is concerned. Virtually the students follow a text and email me their completed assignments. This seems to work for most of the students but as an experience face-to-face instructor I think it could be better.

How do you do it?

Regards.

Kirby

Kirby Reycraft, LEED AP
    Faculty -- Civil & Building Technologies | Nova Scotia Community College
    AutoCAD Certified Professional | Autodesk Revit Architecture Certified Professional
    Last edited by Wanderer; 2015-10-14 at 10:26 PM. Reason: new users are to be restricted from hyperlinks. please use sig line so as not confuse readers.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Teaching CAD Online - How do you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by kirby.reycraft View Post
    I want to improve my courses because I feel they are too one-sided as far as communication is concerned. Virtually the students follow a text and email me their completed assignments. This seems to work for most of the students but as an experience face-to-face instructor I think it could be better.
    I haven't taught any online courses, but, I have taken half of my undergrad and graduate courses online.

Most of the classes just use Blackboard online classroom for uploading of articles, assignments and discussion groups to answer questions between instructor and students so everyone can see. One of my favorite instructors tended to use a lot of narrated PowerPoints, which are fairly easy to make.
    ScreenShot076.jpg
    The head of the CS department always used Tegrity, though. http://www.tegrity.com/ He would either record the lectures we had in class (camera could switch between focus on him at the board and focus on his computer) so we could play them back later, or do a live online lecture (featuring his computer screen and his voice) where we could ask questions at the time, and take part in a few poll questions.
    I don't know about infrastructure or cost with either one of these, but, as a student, I liked having the variety of media available.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

hello wanderer
    im from pakistan i wall to learnt about autocad architecture im also using autocad architecture but im are new user for this software so plaz need me help in creating own new design for door and fix it in the wall

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by fida_rind View Post
    hello wanderer
    im from pakistan i wall to learnt about autocad architecture im also using autocad architecture but im are new user for this software so plaz need me help in creating own new design for door and fix it in the wall
    Hi there.

You can ask specific questions about AutoCAD Architecture here: http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?784-ACA-General

And, I'd also recommend reading the ACA column in the monthly AUGIWorld Magazine: http://www.augi.com/library/category...d-architecture
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost