Thread: What is a workflow/solution for creating multiple pipe materials (cast iron) (and can/should we use mech fittings?)

Login to Give a bone

Default What is a workflow/solution for creating multiple pipe materials (cast iron) (and can/should we use mech fittings?)

Working on our first big revit project. The plumbing designer wants to use cast iron pipe with mechanical fittings for sanitary. ...hummm...

I went to Mech setting and made a material called cast iron pipe (do you usually have to adjust all the id/od sizes?), then I tried to find a mechanical fitting and dont know if that is a bad idea to even try to do that...

What are most people doing out there for this? Are you using a standard revit elbow and not caring that it is a mechanical fitting?

I noticed Charlotte pipe has a bunch of stuff, but I read on Augi that they dont work real well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

One other question... has anyone looked at or is anyone using the Revit Piping Productivity Pack from EngWorks?
    Last edited by patrick.mclaughlin941616; 2012-06-28 at 03:55 PM. Reason: additional info