Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map 3D 2012 'Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedMapApi.dll' or one of it's dependencies. The specified module could

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Map 3D 2012 'Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedMapApi.dll' or one of it's dependencies. The specified module could

It's been changed to copy over the current project from the server to the local computer and netload it from that location. However, it is still giving the same error.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Map 3D 2012 'Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedMapApi.dll' or one of it's dependencies. The specified module could

Are you talking about the CopyLocal property? That's not what I mean. Using Explorer, copy your dll from the bin folder to a folder on the pc that is going to netload it, making sure that the folder is one of the folders in Map's search path.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Nope not using the copylocal property, the code now copies the .dll file for the project from the network to a local folder on their computer and then runs netload on that location. The folder isn't in one of Maps search paths but a lisp routine is and that is what runs netload on the project and it is correctly loading it. All forms that don't need ManageMapApi.dll are working correctly.

Login to Give a bone

I don't have time to do more research now, but you might be able to find out if there are any dependencies that are failing. Use Dependency Walker as mentioned here.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

So even when I try to do a netload and then find the ManagedMapApi.dll in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2012\ManagedMapApi.dll it gives me the following error, however when I do the same in Map 2011 it properly loads ManagedMapApi.dll with no error. It also gives this error on two different installs of Map 3D 2012 so it's not because of a random install problem.

Cannot load assembly. Error details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not
    load file or assembly 'ManagedMapApi.dll' or one of its dependencies. The
    specified module could not be found.
    File name: 'ManagedMapApi.dll'
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
    codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint,
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean
    forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName
    assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
    forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile,
    Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm
    hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks,
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
    at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.ExtensionLoader.Load(String fileName)
    at loadmgd()

Thanks for the help, don't know if that extra information will be helpful or not.

Login to Give a bone

It had to do with the location of the FDO->Bin directory. My custom profile was set to install location \FDO\Bin for Map 3D 2011, however for some reason this was change for Map 3D 2012 to \bin\fdo... Extremely annoying as I had it based on install location and everything seemed to be changing correctly for 2012.

Thanks again for the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12