Thread: Link Underlay causes link to turn Halftone.

Login to Give a bone

Default Link Underlay causes link to turn Halftone.

Why?

I am working in a project that we upgraded from 2012 to 2013. In 2012, I had filters set up to show a piece of the Architectural link (a generic model; elevated seating slabs) would show as solid linework in my sections.

Basically,
    • I left the overall Halftone of the link as unchecked. But set the link as an underlay.
    • Then, I set the link to Custom and I took every model element in the Architectural link except Generic Models and set them to halftone.
    • Then created filters to grab the specific generic models I wanted on and turned all the others off.
    • Then I created a view template that I could re-use on other, similar sections.

In 2013, the Underlay feature seems to have an additional "feature" that is unwanted. When I set the Architectural link to Underlay, it does send the file under my structural model, but it also makes the underlay HALFTONE! So, I cannot get that piece of generic model to show solid. Why have the additional Halftone checkbox if the Underlay is going to do that anyway?

I tried with a new project, linking the same Architectural model and cutting the same section. When I set the link to underlay, it turns halftone, too! Also, tried changing from Structural to Coordination with no change.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Link Underlay causes link to turn Halftone.

UPDATE:
    To turn off automatic Halftoning of the Underlay feature, go to
    Manage Tab > Settings Panel > Additional Settings pulldown > Halftone / Underlay dialog box
    and uncheck the "Apply Halftone" checkbox.