Thread: DWG Export settings

Login to Give a bone

Default DWG Export settings

In the export setup box colour ID for both beams (structural framing) and floors, in cut profile, are set to 3 however they dont appear the same thickness on screen, they dont export the same thickness and they dont plot the same. Once exported to CAD beams have a line weight of 0.25 and floors 0.50 I am trying to get them both to have line weight of 0.35

Any ideas where I am going wrong??

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DWG Export settings

yes. This was explained to me when i was asking a very similar question. under the revit box, upper left corner dont know the official name of that , hovor over the export option and scroll down to options and hover there. a pop up will give you the option of "export setup DWG/DXF" Select that and modify your choices there. That way when you export that is what revit will look at for color, linetype, lineweight etc. what you have on your screen may be different than what you actually export. you can even save as many different settings as you want if you have multiple clients who need different types, colors, etc. here is a screen shot of how to get there and what it looks like

Login to Give a bone

yes. This was explained to me when i was asking a very similar question. under the revit box, upper left corner dont know the official name of that , hovor over the export option and scroll down to options and hover there. a pop up will give you the option of "export setup DWG/DXF" Select that and modify your choices there. That way when you export that is what revit will look at for color, linetype, lineweight etc. what you have on your screen may be different than what you actually export. you can even save as many different settings as you want if you have multiple clients who need different types, colors, etc. here is a screen shot of how to get there and what it looks like
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

I have been having the same issue but I have already messed around with ALL those settings in the Export Setup dwg/dxf. I have an issue where on one drawing my leaders are green and the next sheet they are yellow when I have them set to be white. Any ideas there? I am loosing it here.

Login to Give a bone

Are you talking about when export to cad they change colors or when going from sheet to sheet within revit?

Login to Give a bone

From sheet to sheet when exported to ACAD. The funny thing is that I have exported all the files at the same time using the same Export setup, but get different results from drawing to drawing. (sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Just saw the response )

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

This is my first post, but I have the same problem when exporting to autocad from Revit as artgurlie I have changed all the settings in the Export setup DWG/DXF to a sort of standard but not what I want. Any ideas anyone?