Thread: Workspace

Login to Give a bone

Default Workspace

I have a new computer and need to transfer my workspace and any other customization files that will allow me to keep working without noticing any change in the interface and functionality. Is there one file or folder to grab and copy over. Is there a list of files posted somewhere that explains how to do this?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Workspace

That is entirely dependant on how well organized your customization files are. If you kept all user-related stuff segregated, it should just be a simple file move and re-pointing. If you made all the changes in the OOTB files... not so much.

Login to Give a bone

What is OOTB? How can I know what are user-related files from any other files? I would be interested in learning more. I do keep plot configuration files separate for color and weights, but I know there is more that I do not see. Certainly there are some key files, right?

BTW, I use to be a Autocad power user and trained people and configure computers with it, so I know it can be done. However, it has been 15 years since I have looked at Autocad and have forgotten much of this. I became a Mac user with Archicad since then. Returning to Autocad after that long was not as hard as I thought it would be. As it turns out, Autocad has not changed that much in 15 years. Nevertheless, some of the less common things have escaped my memory. Are there any resources that document user files and explain how to use them effectively?

Login to Give a bone

You do not state what version of Acad so this may not help, but most of the newer installs have a custom migration utility under Program.

Hope this helps.

ACote

Login to Give a bone

Autocad lt 2012, which may not have such a feature being LT. I do not see "Program" or "migration utility".

Quote Originally Posted by anetace View Post
    You do not state what version of Acad so this may not help, but most of the newer installs have a custom migration utility under Program.

Hope this helps.

ACote

Login to Give a bone

Under the systems os program ie: Start -> All Programs -> Autodesk -> etc... Oh and by the way OOTB stands for Out Of The Box.

ACote