Thread: Walls under Style Manager/Display Properties

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default Walls under Style Manager/Display Properties

Summary: showing object override for a wall

Description: It would be great to have a flag indicate that the wall you are exploring under Style Manager/Display Properties has an object override.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Architecture - Walls

Submitted By: Melinda Heavrin on 08/15/2012

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Walls under Style Manager/Display Properties

Quote Originally Posted by Wish List System View Post

Description: It would be great to have a flag indicate that the wall you are exploring under Style Manager/Display Properties has an object override.

Submitted By: Melinda Heavrin on 08/15/2012
    I do not understand how this could work. If you are in the Style Manager, looking at the display properties of a Wall Style (or any other object style), there is no specific object involved, so how would ACA know to indicate whether or not there was an object override? Or is the intent to indicate that at least one instance of the style has an object-level override?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Yes I get David's point. I think if you select a wall (or anything) and it has an object override, relevant perhaps to the display rep you are in, you could have some type of warning flag /ed exclamation device telling you there is an override to the selected entity. So many times I have raged because a change won't show only to find it has an OO. So no, not from the Style Manager. Only if you have an entity selected and you try to edit it's properties.

btw there was an excellent (by the sound of it) style manager editor around that should have been bought up by adesk and packaged with the product. Did you have something to do with that one David? Did you review it? It's now out of date I think and no longer updated, the creator moved on to Revit by the sound of it.

Login to Give a bone

I helped to beta test it. It was quite good, but even before the Revit steamroller came through, sales were not sufficiently robust to justify continuing development, from what I gather.

You can semi-quickly check to see if there is an object override by either editing an objects display properties or by selecting the object and looking at the Display tab of the Properties palette. If two or more Display Representations are active in the current Display Representation Set, the latter could be more tedious, unless the one with the override just happened to be the default one to display. But I agree, some sort of on-screen icon that would show when an object was seletected if there were object level display overrides on an active Display Representation would be nice. That way you would not have to remember to look for an override.

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Walls under Style Manager/Display Properties

Walls Under Style Manager/Display Properties

Submitted By: melindaheavrin on 08/15/2012