Thread: REPLACE DYNAMIC BLOCK WITH ANNOTATIVE VERSION

Login to Give a bone

Smile REPLACE DYNAMIC BLOCK WITH ANNOTATIVE VERSION

I have got my block working as I want but am now trying to go a step further.

The original block I have made a copy of & made it annotative which does work if I put it in a new drawing. However in my tinkering around I wanted to see if I could do a block replace on a drawing that already had the unannotive version. When I insert the new version it will insert & asks me if I want to redefine it. That is when I hit the problem the orignal ones all vanish!
    The drawing I was updating (Test vesion!) the old blocks were inserted at a scale of 200 as this was the vport scale for my drawing. Cannoscale is set to 1:200

I did try copy with base point, select them all (now in clipboard) delete the old ones, insert a new one & saying yes to redefine & then pasting the clipboard back in. I think in all the ways I tried this may have worked once but I can't replicate it. I feel sure its because of the original blocks being scaled & don't know if this is even possible! Am I trying a step to far?
    Attached is a copy of both versions so anyone who might know the answer can see what I am rambling on about.
    Thanks for any help, when I need help it's here I come first, the forums are a great source of information unlike the help files in Autocad!
    Attached Files Attached Files