Hi everyone,

Our chief Revit technician at our company has spent the day with me (structural engineer) trying to work out the workflow processes between Revit and Robot.

We have hit something of a wall however, as even though we both understood the principle that you couldn't work on a model in one program while the other was updating the model in the other, the Revit technician thought at the very least that he could annotate the Revit model, set up new sheets, take sections etc while I played around with the model in Robot.

This does not appear to be the case, as even the most minor change in the Revit model, while I am changing the model in Robot, seems to break the link (an error message pops up telling us that the Revit model is no longer the same as the one that originally created the Robot model). As such, we are wondering if this is correct?

If it is, it somewhat makes a mockery of the the whole selling point of this process, that being that it is supposed to increase efficiency. How can it be efficient when either the engineer or the Revit technician has to twiddle their thumbs and wait while the other person updates the model in the other program?