Thread: Masking region not masking: wireframe is not on

Login to Give a bone

Angry Masking region not masking: wireframe is not on

I have a user who is trying to mask out some portions of a foundation in plan and the masking region does not mask. Wire frame is not on. The masking region does seem to work in a drafting view, but other than that every other view refuses to allow the mask to do its job. Plans, sections, etc. I am not going crazy here, right, we should be able to mask in any view we want (excluding 3d views). Pretty stumped on this one.

Also detail items is not set to transparent in visibility graphics and there is a separate architectural model linked into the project.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Masking region not masking: wireframe is not on

I've seen this happen in Revit MEP 2013 when an electrical wire is drawn in the view. ?!?
    As soon as a wire is drawn all of the masking regions in that view cease to mask.
    But yes, the masking region "should" actually mask.

What about a brand new floor plan view with nothing else drawn? Will it mask there?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

If you have another view type (ie: floor plan for floor plans or elevations for elevations) which is working correctly create a View Template of that view. Then apply the new view template the view which is not working correctly. In some cases there is an object or setting which is deeply buried or not available easly. You can use this same technique by opening a new project and verify the masking tool is working correctly; create a view template. Make your project current. Go to the Manage tab and in the Settings panel use the Transfer Project Standards tool. Make sure you use the new project as the reference. Select the Check None button and scrool toward the bottom of the list and select View Templates. Select ok and when prompted I use New Only. You now have the new template in your project to use.

I've had this issue in the past and this was one way to fix it. Sometimes we have staff use the Temporay Hide / Isolate tool to establish a view setting. It can be problematic and we go though the process described above.

Login to Give a bone

None of the above. Apparently this issue with masking regions is specific to Revit structural. It occurs when the discipline filter is set to structural, the issue is resolved when set to coordination. This issue has been corrected in service pack one for revit structural. Glad to hear it as I thought I was losing my mind when I saw these masking regions not masking.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Since you are structural - we have been having an issue with link consultants Revit files not showing up in plan views in the architectural model. Our structural has been experiencing the same issue on his end with the architectural. This seems to be a 2013 issue. I've tried setting the discipline to all the associations but nothing seems to work. Have you been having this problem?