Thread: VAV Boxes & Multi-Category Schedules

Login to Give a bone

Default VAV Boxes & Multi-Category Schedules

Hey guys,

I just recently found the multi-category schedule option in Revit & want to use it to generate a VAV box schedule, but I can't seem to filter the schedule correctly.

Basically, we typically will place a VAV box outside of the office that it is serving, say in the corridor. I need a way to associate that specific VAV box to the space that it serves so that I can schedule all of the associated heating & cooling airflows, as well as do some other calculations within this schedule.

I wold like this schedule to sort by the VAV box callout & not the space or zone name.

I would also like to do it that would allow the space or zone to association to be automatically updated if the VAV box number was changed.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: VAV Boxes & Multi-Category Schedules

This problem is driving me nuts guys. Can anyone help me out?

After doing some searching, I see that Revit 2013 gives air terminals a "room calculation point" which is basically what i need, so that I can link the VAV box to the space that it serves.

The only way I can think of to accomplish this is to add a project parameter that is applied to the spaces in the project that would allow for the user to input the VAV box associated with that space. The only problem with this method is that it is a manual operation & there is potential coordination issues if VAV boxes get renumbered & the space VAV box project parameter doesn't get updated to reflect the change.

Is there any way to automate this process??

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

You can include space data in a mechanical equipment schedule, but it reads the space the equipment physically resides in, not the space that the equipment serves.
    9-13-2012 9-41-36 AM.jpg

I cannot think of a way to get the automatic association that you are looking for. I think, for now anyways, that this would have to be a manual process.

Login to Give a bone

Unfortunately, I think you are right. I can't think of any other way to do this.

Is there any way that you can think of that a combination of shared parameters & schedule filters could be manipulated to at least make the process as simplified as possible?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I think, I would just add a parameter to the schedule that you can manually update in the schedule view. Maybe EVEN make a separate schedule with just those two parameters side by side, so it's easy to check and adjust as needed.