See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Circuiting Mechanical Equipment grabs non-selected elements

Login to Give a bone

Default Circuiting Mechanical Equipment grabs non-selected elements

Whenever we try to circuit elements that are already on a Duct or Pipe System or already connected to other elements, it wants to include those elements on the same circuit. Then we have to create a 3d view with just Mechanical Equipment to see what elements from other floors it grabs and "Remove from Circuit". It's incredibly time-consuming. Autodesk has told us this is a bug, anybody else run into this problem? Workarounds? Thanks!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Circuiting Mechanical Equipment grabs non-selected elements

i've run across that as well, was circuiting vav boxes in classrooms and my circuitry didn't match how they had the piping runs connected, it was putting extra units on my circuits because of the other systems the equipment was already hooked up to... my solution might not work for everyone, but since our m&p guys don't use any of revit's calcs, they didn't care if the equipment was connected or not, they just needed the piping and duct to show, so he let me disconnect from the piping systems so my circuitry would work right. (yes, they're doing autocad drafting in revit, it's sad... anyone have an M or P Reviteer i can borrow?).
    mike

Login to Give a bone

Yes this is the other workaround we have been doing, but I know downstream when we start using duct/pipe calcs (see!! you're not alone!!) This won't be an option. It's also very convenient to be able to move all the equipment connected to a duct/pipe run just by moving the duct/pipe but oh well. I wonder if there are any more drawbacks to these workarounds besides not being able to run calcs and move connected equipment around easier?

Login to Give a bone

We were able to reproduce this in 2012, but unable to using the same steps in 2013 with Update 1.

This video shows 2012 on the left, and 2013 on the right: http://screencast.com/t/KVYMqJtK6el

If you are still seeing this issue in 2013, please provide more information so we can identify the problem.

Thanks,
    Last edited by martin.schmid; 2012-09-13 at 08:34 AM. Reason: provided video

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Martin, looking into this now.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Martinez View Post
    Thanks Martin, looking into this now.
    Still having this same issue happening to me in Revit 2014. Revit wants to grab everything that is connected physically with ductwork, to the same circuit. Circuit number then shows blank on the equipment and won't schedule or tag with Panel/Ckt No.If you edit the Circuit you clearly see it is on the Correct Panel and Circuit. I'm now being forced to add connection points to each Fire/Smoke Damper. Anyobody else experiencing this? Other more "BIM-like"Workarounds out there?