Thread: Configure Standards problem

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Configure Standards problem

I am trying to use the Configure Standards "Check Standards" feature to check my layer standards against a drawing template that my company made that contains all of our layer standards (non-AIA). I opened up a drawing that was correct and changed some layer peramters on purpose to check how well the command worked. It caught the changes as it should have. I was ready to show how the command could help our company check our layers and when I went to check that it worked again it didn't. For whatever reason, when I "Check Standards" the command falsely wants to change Current Value (which is correct) to Standard Value = White (which is wrong) I keep trying to think if I have changed anything but I'm pretty sure that all is as it was the first few times that I used the command. It worked and then it didn't. Does anyone have much experience with the Configure Standards group of commands?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Configure Standards problem

Quote Originally Posted by lary View Post
    I am trying to use the Configure Standards "Check Standards" feature to check my layer standards against a drawing template that my company made that contains all of our layer standards (non-AIA). I opened up a drawing that was correct and changed some layer peramters on purpose to check how well the command worked. It caught the changes as it should have. I was ready to show how the command could help our company check our layers and when I went to check that it worked again it didn't. For whatever reason, when I "Check Standards" the command falsely wants to change Current Value (which is correct) to Standard Value = White (which is wrong) I keep trying to think if I have changed anything but I'm pretty sure that all is as it was the first few times that I used the command. It worked and then it didn't. Does anyone have much experience with the Configure Standards group of commands?
    Just in case it might make a difference, could you tell us what version of AutoCAD you're using? Also, is it plain AutoCAD, or one of the other flavors?
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost