Thread: Revit training for an AE firm

All AUGI, all the time J. Grouchy's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Revit training for an AE firm

Small AE firm here looking to get some Revit training for some upcoming projects that will require BIM. I have several years experience in Revit, but it's been a while since I used it and I'm also not in any position to be training anyone myself. Plus, we have a need for training in both the MEP and Structural packages in addition to the Architecture version.

Having a difficult time pinning down who/what companies do training, how the training differs and is set up and also the expected costs for training people. Is there a good 'clearinghouse' for this information? I'm getting tired of Googling this stuff.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit training for an AE firm

In my limited knowledge on the subject... The two companies that I've heard of that do this type of thing are MicroCAD and IMAGINiT. I don't know how far across the country they are or where you are.. or if you are in the USA even.

MicroCAD is in New England.

I took my "Revit Essentials" program through MicroCAD, was a 2-day thing and I think it cost my company $900.00 or so. Not to mention my time off from actual work and travel expenses. I know that they will do in-house training for several users, but I hear that is expensive too.

Hope that helps

All AUGI, all the time J. Grouchy's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

We're in Atlanta, GA.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Just about every Autodesk VAR (Value-Added Reseller) can offer you this training, but no two resellers are the same IMO. MicroCAD and IMAGINiT are just two of M-A-N-Y across the USA. I work for an Autodesk Gold partner on the east coast, but we're not located convenient to your location. Otherwise I'd recommend my firm

Do you know who your company gets their software from? I'd start there. If not, use this website to find one in your area...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=1088188

There are other resources, such as Autodesk consultants, but they will be much more expensive.