Thread: MEP 2013: Duct, Add Property Sets

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Unhappy MEP 2013: Duct, Add Property Sets

Hello all,

When I draw duct work, then select any duct I have drawn, right click and select properties, if I then go to the "Extended Data" tab, I will not see the property set definitions "DuctObject".

The only way I can have it display on the extended data tab, is if I go to the bottom left hand corner of my tool palette, to "Add Property Sets", and then press "ok", I don't have to select "DuctObject" before I press ok because they are already selected.

Is there a setting that will make the "DuctObject" display on the extended data tab of the tool palette automatically?

Please, realy need help!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MEP 2013: Duct, Add Property Sets

I didn't quite figure this one out but I figured out how to get that property set in the tag (or label curve style) - if you open the DuctObject property set - tell it to apply to styles and definitions - and pick label curve styles. Then go back to your label curve style that you use to tag your ducts - pick property sets - hit the little button to add a property set to the duct tag - click the duct object check box - then click ok to everything - it will bring the property set into the label curve style (tag).

UPDATE - I was messing with this a little more and got it to work - Do the same thing as my first paragraph except instead of using applies to label curve style - choose duct style. Then go to any duct in the drawing and right click - pick edit duct styles. Go to general tab and click property sets... hit the little add property set icon in the bottom left corner and check Ductobject. This will then assign this property set to all ducts in the drawing. This is one of those things that should be done in the template so you only ever have to do it once.

What stinks about the method in my second paragraph is I think you have to do it for EVERY duct size as every duct size I think is a different style.
    Last edited by jparkhurst; 2012-09-26 at 08:01 PM.