Thread: Copy/Monitor issues Revit MEP from Architect model

Login to Give a bone

Default Copy/Monitor issues Revit MEP from Architect model

I am trying to copy over electrical fixtures from an architects model into our MEP file, I did this originally about 2 months ago, but due to other problems I deleted them as the elevation was wrong, I tried today to re-copy/monitor, but it failed as it said they are already in the model, I done a coordination review and picked the option 'copy again' but they never come into my model, I have checked worksets, VG graphics, whether they are switched off etc...no avail, I have googled 'copy again' consulted books, but no joy.....does anyone know what this actually done, or how to get around this problem??

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Copy/Monitor issues Revit MEP from Architect model

Quote Originally Posted by gra77 View Post
    I am trying to copy over electrical fixtures from an architects model into our MEP file, I did this originally about 2 months ago, but due to other problems I deleted them as the elevation was wrong, I tried today to re-copy/monitor, but it failed as it said they are already in the model, I done a coordination review and picked the option 'copy again' but they never come into my model, I have checked worksets, VG graphics, whether they are switched off etc...no avail, I have googled 'copy again' consulted books, but no joy.....does anyone know what this actually done, or how to get around this problem??

Thanks
    Have you deleted the families form the family browser or just deleted the instances created in the model?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Copy/Monitor issues Revit MEP from Architect model

Quote Originally Posted by gra77 View Post

Thanks
    Digging up this old thread as I found it by googling the problem I have. For some reason, when copying anything over from a linked file using the Copy/Monitor tool, Revit puts these copied elements on the first workset created on the project, Workset 1. If you've renamed this workset, be sure to turn it on in your current view and you may well find your fixtures. This has been an issue since Revit 2012 and continues to be an issue in 2013.