Thread: How to Design Ribbed Slab with Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis

Login to Give a bone

Default How to Design Ribbed Slab with Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis

I am a Civil Engineering student. My graduation project is "Analysis & Design RC highrise building using Robot". I need help. I don't know how to design ribbed slab with ROBOT. Is that possible in ROBOT? If yes, how?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to Design Ribbed Slab with Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis

As concerns Finite Element Analysis (FEA) you can define such properties selecting Orthotropic tab in New Thickness of FE Thickness dialogue - see the screen capture below:
    ortho.png

It will influence results of static or dynamic analysis, it will be possible to obtain results specific for it: displacements, moments, forces etc.

But there is no dedicated reinforced concrete design module for ribbed slabs in Robot.

Regards,

Login to Give a bone

Thanks. I will check.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

But, if you use light "beams"or supports at the part of the nerved/rib structure of the slab can it work, i mean using separate objects, one for the ribs and another "thin" slab to make up for the compresion area of the ribbed slab,can it work?

My thesis of my graduation project was the same as yours shami, mine is named " calculo y diseño de unedificio de concreto reforzado utilizando software BIM robot y revit", im from mexico btw

Login to Give a bone

Yes, it is possible to define separate objects for "ribs". If these objects are bars it is possible to use bar offsets to consider composite action effect of downstand beams.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

So maybe we can put "bars" of reinforced concrete or steel to calculate if they supportvthe slab