Thread: .DGN import

Login to Give a bone

Default .DGN import

I’m trying to import a .dgn file that has a .pdf inserted in it. Is there any way that I can get this .pdf to convert over to AutoCAD? I have tried both exporting it out of Micro Station and Importing it in AutoCAD both resulted in the .pdf being dropped. Any thoughts or work arounds?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: .DGN import

Quote Originally Posted by bgrinnell View Post
    I’m trying to import a .dgn file that has a .pdf inserted in it. Is there any way that I can get this .pdf to convert over to AutoCAD? I have tried both exporting it out of Micro Station and Importing it in AutoCAD both resulted in the .pdf being dropped. Any thoughts or work arounds?
    What version of AutoCAD are you using?
    I think 2011 + has the ability to attach PDF's, but you may need to do it manually.

Login to Give a bone

I'm on 2013, and I can go back after the file is converted and insert a pdf but it means re-scaling, rotating and clipping each pdf individuality which i'm trying to avoid. I think the only option in Micro Station is to save the file as a 2007 AutoCAD drawing, were pdf's not supported in 2007? I can't remember.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bgrinnell View Post
    I'm on 2013, and I can go back after the file is converted and insert a pdf but it means re-scaling, rotating and clipping each pdf individuality which i'm trying to avoid. I think the only option in Micro Station is to save the file as a 2007 AutoCAD drawing, were pdf's not supported in 2007? I can't remember.
    No I don't think PDF's could be inserted/attached in 2007 (I may be wrong though).
    As I mentioned before, I think that option only became available in like 2011 (maybe 2010?).

I think your right, I believe the latest MicroStation only exports to AutoCAD Version 2007, which wouldn't support PDFs.

Login to Give a bone

anyone else remember the headlines a couple of years ago, with bentley and adesk entering into an agreement to 'share' formats and api's to make interoperability feasible?

guess we all got snookered.....