Thread: Elevation View Titles Overlapping

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Elevation View Titles Overlapping

I have used an elevation and used several sides of one elevation and the titles are overlapping. I am unable to find how to move them or make them so they text wrap or something so they are all visible. I am attaching an image of what I'm trying to explain. Anybody know how to make these visible and legible? Having issues uploading files at the moment. I'm posting this anyhow to see if I can get an answer. When My IT gets my upload issues fixed I will upload the image if I havnt had an answer yet. Basically the north elevation title overlaps and hides the east elevation title so you cant read the east title.

UPDATE: Here is the image, In form of PDF, Of what I had and also what I now have changed it to. I didn't take it as far as you have suggested in creating multiple types. I changed the family and left it at that. I believe this new arrangement will work well enough in almost all our uses of the views with names. I may need to do a little editing to the family later to make those different types to use in a project but for now this will work. Thank you all for helping.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tcrawford1978; 2012-10-18 at 06:40 PM.

All AUGI, all the time CADastrophe's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Elevation View Titles Overlapping

Under the Viewport's Type Properties, the View Title Family that is being used is listed. Find this family in the Project Browser, under Families » Annotation Symbols. Right-Click on the family name and select "Edit". Here, you can select the title text Label and adjust the margins as necessary. Note that any change made will affect ALL of these titles in the project.

If you don't want to change all of the titles in the project, then you can create and addition Type:

In the Family Editor, go to Family Types (the icon with four blue squares on the ribbon) and add two new Yes/No Type Parameters named, "Standard Title" and "Slim Title" (or whatever). Create two types of Families, one called "Standard" and the other called "Slim". Make sure that the appropriate checkbox is and the other is off for each type. Hit 'OK'.

Select and Copy the Label over itself. Select one of them, resize the margin as needed, and link the Visibility to the "Slim" Parameter, under Properties. Select the other label and link it to the other parameter.

Load it back into the project and overwrite the existing, then go to the Viewport's Type Properties and create a duplicate type called "Slim" and assign the appropriate View Title Family Type.

Login to Give a bone

View Title or Elevation View Tag? Guessing its your Elevation View Tag and your showing the view reference along with the number. Unfortunately you cannot move these around as they are fixed within the pointer family. Most folk just use the view number and not worry about the view name, as you have found out it gets messy when the view name gets pretty long.
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

Perhaps I should have waited for the image!

Login to Give a bone

Not too hard to do I have All of that done Except for the "link visibility". How do you link visibility in the family?

Login to Give a bone

CADastrophe no Your idea of editing the family with work perfectly. All I need to know is how to link visibility parameter to the label, or other way around same thing, and it will be exactly what I want

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tcrawford1978 View Post
    Not too hard to do I have All of that done Except for the "link visibility". How do you link visibility in the family?
    Select the Label. In the Properties Palette, to the far right side of the 'Visible' Parameter, there is a small grey box. Click on that to bind the value of the Visibility checkbox to the selected user-created Parameter.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you very much. It was the Families of the elevation mark and the Elevation body that I had to Adjust and add the parameter to But it works perfectly.!!!