See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Is there an easy way to propogate Revit Options settings to different users on one machine?

Login to Give a bone

Default Is there an easy way to propogate Revit Options settings to different users on one machine?

I have our Revit deployment for 2013 set up to where it sets most options how we need them. But what if a computer changes users, who logs in with a different user name? Is there a way to easily migrate settings from one user to another?

*edit* some way to transfer Places settings (the buttons on the left side of the Open/Load dialog boxes) between users would be super helpful, too, as I standardize them on all our installations. Any way to do that?
    Last edited by patricks; 2012-10-24 at 05:03 PM.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there an easy way to propogate Revit Options settings to different users on one machine?

Best guess is it's stored in the INI file.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there an easy way to propogate Revit Options settings to different users on one machine?

It should be here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit Structure 2013\Profiles\AllAnavDialogs

I don't know how comfortable you are with registry editing, but it's pretty easy to export out a regkey (xxxx.reg) and then use a .bat or .vbs to run this for each user that logs onto the machine if the values don't exist.

You can also change the order they appear in.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by heath.simone View Post
    It should be here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit Structure 2013\Profiles\AllAnavDialogs

I don't know how comfortable you are with registry editing, but it's pretty easy to export out a regkey (xxxx.reg) and then use a .bat or .vbs to run this for each user that logs onto the machine if the values don't exist.

You can also change the order they appear in.
    Thanks, I found the key, but the only thing I'm not sure about is the entries for My Computer and My Network Places, which has a long hex key for the PlacesOrderXDisplay entry. Not sure how that will work if I try to copy the whole key over to another machine.

But my main question is about Revit Options and propagating those to different users on the same machine. Any thoughts? I have the custom INI file that I used when creating the deployment. Perhaps I could somehow just copy that into a certain directory before starting up Revit for the first time with a particular user?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I believe that the "general" Revit.ini that gets loaded for each new user is under (we use the one-box edition of Revit so your path may vary):

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\UserDataCache