Greetings all!

I think I already know the answer this question, but i need to ask, is there a way to join two seperate profiles inside one profile view into one profile? after doing a short internet search I'm coming up with nothing. The situation I have is a 4 mile stretch of county road that we are turning from gravel to pavement. my engineer wants to know a "slick" way to change the profile without having to re-draw it if a portion of the alignment gets changed. We spitballed an idea, but have not been able to confirm it. We thought that once we determin which station the profile does not match the alignment we would use the copy profile tool inside the edit geometry tool bar and copy the profile from that station on. We would then delete the original profile from said station on. we thought we could then simply move the copy to match up with the oringal once we made adjustments for the change in the alignment, but as the title of my post indicates we cannot find a way to join the two profiles. is there a way, or is there a better workflow for achieving what we want? i would appriciate any help. Thank you for reading.