Thread: Some More Beginner questions

Login to Give a bone

Question Some More Beginner questions

So I have slowly gone through the process of setting up my title blocks. I have them set up with labels, custom labels and groups of the PE numbers. Now bare with me I set up the PE numbers as groups for each PE in the hopes of making it easier then setting up a title block for each PE. I have found that when I load title block into the project that being able to switch to a different PE number is not possible unless you are in the title block rfa. Which by the way makes sense. So is it possible to make the PE info into a family and insert into the sheet once it is in the project?

Also once I load the title block into the project I noticed that the custom label fields were not acting the same way the default label fields are. Meaning that with the default label I am able to change, they seem to be linked to the title block as a separate entity but my custom ones seem to be linked to the title block as if they are the same entity as the title block. I hope you guys are able to follow what I am saying.

Thanks,
    Summer

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Some More Beginner questions

Summer -

It *sounds* like you want to tie the visibility of the PE information to yes/no variables. How about uploading your titleblock family so it's a little easier to follow what you're describing?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Some More Beginner questions

BCG 30 x 42 Augi.rfaHere is the up load for the title block. What I would like is for it to be able to switch back and forth between the different PE's when needed while it loaded into a project. I don't know if this is possible in revit..

I have figured out the second part of my question. In case any one is wondering about it here is a link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFRpG...eature=related.

Thanks,
    Summer