Thread: Custom Title Blocks

Login to Give a bone

Default Custom Title Blocks

I am in the process of making a custom title blocks I created the logo from scratch in a 30x42 title block the logo is just fine. I copied and pasted into to the 24x34 that I am creating but I am not able to scale the logo so I saved it as a jpeg & tiff to insert it into the title block. When I try to print the images doe not show up in the preview. I checked the vv and could not find the option for it. Does anyone know the solution for this or do I have to redraw this from scratch for each title block?
    Thanks
    Summer

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Custom Title Blocks

Have you tried saving the logo as an image (jpg etc.) then inserting it into your tile sheets as an xref. This way you don't have to keep drawing it, you can set it up on each of your sized sheets.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by xSmiffyx View Post
    Have you tried saving the logo as an image (jpg etc.) then inserting it into your tile sheets as an xref. This way you don't have to keep drawing it, you can set it up on each of your sized sheets.
    I tried jpeg as well as tiff. I did insert it through the insert image on the insert tab in the ribbon. I am new to revit so I am assuming that this is what you mean by inserting as an xref... Correct me if I am wrong. I did redraw it but i would be mush simpler to insert the image. I will being running into this problem when is comes to drawings with signatures. I should add that when I do a print preview I am not see it in the preview. So I figure it has something to do with visibility but I am not see an option in there for it.

Summer

Login to Give a bone

Ah sorry I just assumed you were talk ing about AutoCAD. I used the titleblock within revit and resaved as our company name sheet and made all my changes there within that family.

I brought the images in using "insert - images" and placed them where I wanted, saved and then bought into my project/updated the exisitng one already in there.

Hope that helps.