Thread: How do I create a single, short, typed command for a linked group of commands?

Login to Give a bone

Default How do I create a single, short, typed command for a linked group of commands?

How do I create a single, short, typed command for a linked group of commands? For example, I would like to type "ZD" for Zoom, enter, Dynamic; "UO" for Ucs, enter, Object; "ZW" for Zoom, enter, Window, etc. Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How do I create a single, short, typed command for a linked group of commands?

The simplest way to make command+sub-command sequences available is through an autoloaded lisp file.

BTW, you don't need Zoom+Window - Window is the default Zoom option.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How do I create a single, short, typed command for a linked group of commands?

Quote Originally Posted by archiasmo954906 View Post
    How do I create a single, short, typed command for a linked group of commands? For example, I would like to type "ZD" for Zoom, enter, Dynamic; "UO" for Ucs, enter, Object; "ZW" for Zoom, enter, Window, etc. Thanks!
    Example:
    Code:
    (defun C:ZD ()(vl-cmdf "._zoom" "_dy"))

(defun C:UO ()(vl-cmdf "._ucs" "_ob"))
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

All AUGI, all the time Liamnacuac's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Ok, but if I want a macro for a toolbar or a ribbon? What have I done wrong here?
    (command "_pline" "" "") (command "_pedit" "l" "s" "" "") (command "change" "l" "p" "lt" "tracks" "" "")

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Liamnacuac View Post
    Ok, but if I want a macro for a toolbar or a ribbon? What have I done wrong here?
    (command "_pline" "" "") (command "_pedit" "l" "s" "" "") (command "change" "l" "p" "lt" "tracks" "" "")
    What are you trying to do?
    The Pline command is still running when you start the Pedit command.
    IF the Pedit command starts, the pline has only two vertices - are you trying to convert it to a spline?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Liamnacuac View Post
    Well, actually ^that^ is lisp code, which is OK. But if you are putting this in a toolbar or ribbon, you *could* use a menu macro as an alternative.
    As pointed out above, it is unclear what you want this to do though....
    It looks like you want to draw a two point polyline, convert it to a splined pline, and change the linetype to tracks.
    Since it doesn't make much sense to spline a 2 vertex pline, this macro will let you draw a 4 vertex pline.
    Try this.

Code:
    ^C^C._pline;\\\\;pedit;l;s;;change;l;;p;lt;tracks;;
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

This is more what I was expecting to use, but I must have missed a back slash on the end of the pline command, and when that didn't work, I went off on my tangent.. Thanks, guys! This gets me going in the direction I want..

Login to Give a bone

So, why does spline react differently to the macro? Is it because with pline, you locate the first point before there are options, whereas with spline there are options OR the first point?