Thread: Make Wall Furring hidden line

Login to Give a bone

Default Make Wall Furring hidden line

I want to create a Brick wall with Furring. That is one of the wall styles available in ACA. I'm attaching the floor plan as an xref in a demolition plan sheet. What I want to do is to retain the brick wall as continuous line and the furring as hidden line to show that the furring will be removed. I could override linetypes from the Display Manager or change the layer linetype for the furring lines (A-WALL-COMP) to Hidden. The interior line of the furring shows as hidden but the outside line shows as continuous because it is on the brick layer. How can I make the outside line of the furring show as hidden? I've attached an image to clearly show what I'm talking about. Need help ASAP as I have a deadline to meet, otherwise I will have to do it manually.... Thanks!

BRICKWALL.jpg

Figure A is what my walls look like right now.

Figure B is what I'm trying to achieve.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Make Wall Furring hidden line

Later versions of ACA include phased components, such as existing to remain and existing to be demolished. If that is a feature of the version you have, it may be simplest to make two independent wall components, one with the masonry as existing to remain, and the furring as existing to be demolished. Since the two walls would be side by side, you would need to join them to separate cleanup groups to avoid the dreaded triangle of fate.

The outside line is actually the shrinkwrap, which you could turn off, but would affect the display of the wall component, in that all the line weights would be the same.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Make Wall Furring hidden line

Thanks Chuckyd67 for the quick reply. Maybe I'll upgrade to the latest 2013 version sometime but I'll have to use your workaround for now. I have another issue but that would be for another thread.