Thread: Wall cleanups not consistant from Construct to Sheet

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Wall cleanups not consistant from Construct to Sheet

When I place a View file on a sheet, I am noticing that cleanups that between walls are not carrying through. They are fine on the Construct (where they were created), look good on the View file (brought in multiple xrefs, i.e., 01-shell and 01-partition and the interior walls of 01-Partition but up against an L-shape corner of 01-Shell) but once they are placed on a sheet, the multiple constructs won't clean up. Visretain has been set to 1; I have checked the box under Style Manager and Wall Cleanup Definitions. See the attached pics for the example of the view and sheet.

viewexample.png sheetexample.png

Any ideas for a solution for this.

ACA 2012, PN

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wall cleanups not consistant from Construct to Sheet

The only thing that appears to be happening is that in the Construct to make the two walls meet up with no problems, I applied an override to the cleanup radius. It made the walls cleanup correctly (The exterior wall is a 10" precast panel with a brick exterior and the interior is a 9-1/2" precast panel with no brick). This would be the only thing I can think of that is causing this issue.

Login to Give a bone

Can you post a sample file? You could just WBlock the intersecting Walls that are giving you a problem if posting the entire file is a problem. I have access to 2010 and 2011, so I should be able to open it and put it into a PN project to see if I get the same results.

One question: There appear to be through joints in your images. How did you make those? Inclement them in the posted file, if possible.

Login to Give a bone

ACAD2010-A-FP-01C.dwgACAD2010-A-FP-01C.dwgI have attached exported ACAD 2010 files, so let me know if this works or not. Notice in the view file the stairs that have the enlarged plan bubble around it (Stair #6). It looks fine. It even looks fine in the enlarged floor plan. Once it's placed on the sheet, my wall cleanups are removed, the hatching is replaced with the solid hatch and the endcaps won't work in specific areas. The xrefs have been adjusted in the sheet to be forced onto the Arch_Medium Detail Display, but these issues were present before I did this (I have to do this in a lot of sheets else parts of xrefs go missing, yet another problem). Also, the joints you are seeing are the precast panel reveals placed on the view file using masking objects. Unfortunately, I can't export the sheet because it is 13MB with the xrefs attached.

See attached.

Login to Give a bone

Exporting explodes the AEC objects, which means I cannot test Wall cleanups. I should be able to open an ACA 2012 file in ACA 2011 or 2010, as they all use the same file format.

Login to Give a bone

I have never been able to open a file from a current version in an older version, even if it is the same format. That being said, here are the files.

A-FP-01C.dwg Core-NC.dwg 01-Shell.dwg 01-Partition.dwg A2.1C FIRST FLOOR PLAN- AREA C.dwg

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tra1133 View Post
    I have never been able to open a file from a current version in an older version, even if it is the same format. That being said, here are the files.

A-FP-01C.dwg Core-NC.dwg 01-Shell.dwg 01-Partition.dwg A2.1C FIRST FLOOR PLAN- AREA C.dwg
    I was able to open your files. Is the intent for the insulation component of all three Walls to be continuous?

I have not tried to put the files into a project yet, but did notice that there is a cleanup issue on the stair Wall in the 01-Partition.dwg file. You have an opening placed in the Wall that is too close to the Wall end to allow both the Wall Opening Endcap P6-12 (Interior) Opening Endcap-01 and the Wall Endcap P6 (Interior) End to form, since in that file, the shell file is not present, so it is trying to do a 10" endcap and a 6" opening endcap on a 12" segment. Is that endcap absolutely necessary?

In the 01-Shell.dwg, the interior partition file is externally referenced, and, since the interior Wall is cleaning up with the Walls in the shell drawing, there is no Wall Endcap, just the Wall Opening Endcap, and the cleanup occurs as hoped for.

Removing the Wall Endcap override on the interior Wall (setting it to ByStyle), eliminates the cleanup issue and all is well in the 01-Shell.dwg file also. But in the View and Sheet files, the interior Wall no longer cleans up with the exterior Walls at either end. And at the end with the Opening, the insulation is reduced to a single line, due to having both endcaps. The problem here was that neither the View nor the Sheet file had the New Wall Wall Cleanup Group Definition in them, so the instructions to have Walls in that Cleanup Group cleanup across external references was missing (after reloading the external reference and an ObjRelUpdate). Adding this to both of these files resulted in the Walls cleaning up just like in the 01-Shell.dwg file.

Is that what you wanted?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

For the insulation question the precast that appears to be on the interior will become an exterior panel above the top of precast panel at the exterior of the stairs. I know that the insulation in reality won't continue as shown, but it was just easier to display it this way and deal with actual situation in the plan details later (we are still in DD).

The wall endcap issue only shows up on the sheets (at least in my PN). I have always assumed that the Sheets should always display the View files as they are with no changes. I was the Cad Manager at a previous firm and have only been at this new one for 6 months, using someone else's setup, so I am not sure how styles and layouts were setup (still learning their ways).

This does explain why the issues I am having are showing up. Thanks for the quick help. It is really appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Also, I believe that the wall cleanup group was in the template files (both view and sheet) originally, but we were ending up with sheets that were are over 5MB each. I then proceeded to purge the style manager without looking at what was being purged. Your suggestion of bringing that New Wall cleanup group worked. Now I just have to do that to all 100 files. Yeah.

Thanks for the help, again.

Login to Give a bone

Glad I could help.