Thread: Copy Monitor Beams &/or attach beams to linked model

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default Copy Monitor Beams &/or attach beams to linked model

Summary: Revit Structure 2013, you can copy monitor:
    Levels, Grids, Columns, Walls & Floors... what happened to Beams?
    My full discription will give some ideas why you would want this.

Description: Ideas for use:
    1. Currently can't attach beam(s) (or columns?) to a Linked projects beams. Copy montor of beams could be used here.

2. The entire other project linked but you only need a portion of the linked model, copy monitor everything needed, including beams if it was possible, to take advantage of the monitoring.

3. Existing model was created by a different company but you don't want to work within that model created. (see note 2)

4. Multi-building project is big enough to split into seperate models instead of utilizing worksets. (see note 2)

5. Architects have designed something with Beams, start with what they have. but monitoring geometery they need. Let them model trellises & canopies, etc. Copy over what they initially create.

6. Linking in a Revit model the Structural Engineer is using for analysis. The analysis model is linked to allow more "back-n-forth" with the Engineers analysis software of choice. Tagging through a link is now possible now but having copy monitor with beams would allow you to bring everything over monitoring the Engineers adjustments, encouraging Engineers to use Revit giving them a sense of ownership and protection against others "messing up the analytical model".

I could probably think of more ideas for use of this, contact me:
    amunoz@hga.com

Product and Feature: Revit Structure - Beams

Submitted By: Adam Munoz on 11/06/2012

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Copy Monitor Beams &/or attach beams to linked model

Copy Monitor Beams &/or attach beams to linked model

1. Currently can't attach beam(s) (or columns?) to a Linked projects beams. Copy montor of beams could be used here.

2. The entire other project linked but you only need a portion of the linked model, copy monitor everything needed, including beams if it was possible, to take advantage of the monitoring.

3. Existing model was created by a different company but you don't want to work within that model created. (see note 2)

4. Multi-building project is big enough to split into seperate models instead of utilizing worksets. (see note 2)

5. Architects have designed something with Beams, start with what they have. but monitoring geometery they need. Let them model trellises & canopies, etc. Copy over what they initially create.

6. Linking in a Revit model the Structural Engineer is using for analysis. The analysis model is linked to allow more "back-n-forth" with the Engineers analysis software of choice. Tagging through a link is now possible now but having copy monitor with beams would allow you to bring everything over monitoring the Engineers adjustments, encouraging Engineers to use Revit giving them a sense of ownership and protection against others "messing up the analytical model".

amunoz@hga.com

Submitted By: LISPishly on 11/06/2012

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Copy Monitor Beams &/or attach beams to linked model

Copy Monitor Beams &/or attach beams to linked model

amunoz78@yahoo.com

Submitted By: LISPishly on 11/06/2012