I'm working on a fairly large project in Revit: an apartment building that I've linked unit type "blocks" into and workshared for the team to work on. We have maybe 5-6 people working on it at any given time and we are having significant slowdowns related to SWC.

Some working on the project seem to have little problems while others are being forced to SWC every fifteen minutes or so often requiring several other people to SWC in a sequence to free up the elements that have been requested.

A few days ago we were having even more significant problems where this was even more pronounced and we had the Revit files locking on us where user A would not be able to SWC until user B had, but user B could not SWC until user A had. To solve this I would save locally and close the file while Relinquishing All Elements. This tactic would unlock the file for us.

The problem has gotten better. I had a drafting view called Loading Screen set as the Starting View and I suspected that each user was being forced to gain access to this view each time they wanted to SWC. I have turned this off and set it to Last Viewed and this seems to have made things better. (Was my suspicion here correct?)

However, we continue to have significant slowdowns based on one user who seems to retain ownership of maybe twenty sheets that other users have to gain access to to SWC. See attached picture. The oddity is that this user has not opened, viewed, or edited any of these sheets recently and he often SWC and Relinquishes All.
Ghost Editing Requests.png

What can cause this, and how can I keep it from happening?

We are currently switching to Revit and some AutoCAD zealots in the office are having some fun taking potshots at Revit because of this issue.

Cheers,
Kory