Thread: Candidate Information: Zallan, Jay

Default Candidate Information: Zallan, Jay

Jay_Zallan.jpg

Candidate Statement:

My long standing work to teach and inspire current & future professionals makes me believe that serving on the AUGI Board of Directors would create a mutually beneficial relationship. This would be an extraordinary opportunity allowing both AUGI & myself to generate more widespread success.

My personal and Professional goals are directly aligned with the tenets of AUGI; my voice, passion and perspective will bring essential, unique viewpoints and ideas, to the AUGI Board of Directors’s and as such to AUGI membership worldwide.

If elected, I will be an active and positive, vocal force for change when such a voice is necessary, I will also be an encouraging and focusing on building consensus, which will add a vital piece in seeing that the Board achieves all of its tactical objectives & strategic goals. My overall intention for sitting on the Board is to help AUGI realize more tangible and valuable results.

I have a resolve to support AUGI as a leader and to help ensure that it continues to grow as an integral part of Autodesk’s offerings and the AECO world at large. Strategically I will endeavor to increase communication and momentum; to allow the Board to fully explore issues posed and do my best to see that we arrive at the best possible solutions.

Professionally I have the ability to take good systems and make them great; and take great systems and make them extraordinary. This sensibility of refinement will be enthusiastically administered within the AUGI Board of Directors.

Having developed into the role of BIM Director for internationally positioned AECO firms, as well as being a Fine Artist; my experience base spans all facets of Design, Production & Management. Understanding business from many strata affords me the insights and perspectives necessary to help govern the AUGI Board of Directors.

Furthermore, if it comes to be, that I sit on the AUGI Board of Directors, I resolve to help pave the way for an extraordinary and continuing, successful future for AUGI, its leadership and members alike; I will help AUGI develop success, into an ever changing AECO future.
    Last edited by richard.binning; 2012-11-20 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Added Candidate Responses

Default Re: Candidate Information: Zallan, Jay

1. What is your perception of the role of the Board of Directors?

a. The Board should provide outstanding & broad guidance and policy for the continued successful growth of AUGI; with a keen eye toward the needs & desires of the overall membership.
    b. The Board, in its capacity to oversee AUGI should actively inspire its leaders & members alike & to ensure that the organization grows into the future, providing new avenues for members to achieve success; such as:
    i. To develop the influence of AUGI in all industry sectors
    ii. To build & expand on past & present successes
    iii. To identify new ways for AUGI to spread its industry leading influence & service offerings
    iv. Acknowledge & learn from capacities in need of growth or change

2. If elected to the Board of Directors, what are your personal goals over the next three years that require being on the Board in order to achieve them?

If I am elected to the AUGI Board of Directors I will tirelessly strive to:
    a. Be a guiding force in AUGI, lending my unique expression to the organization; I will provide measured, yet distinctive viewpoints to the Board and will work hard to fight for what is best for AUGI, its Board & Members
    b. Help enhance AUGI’s standing, combining my long held passion to see technology & design based industries not simply succeed but to be influencial in the methods to become more sustainable business models.
    c. Help foster growth of AUGI membership and participation in forums & conferences and boost overall member volunteerism
    d. Support industry conferences & programs; Non-Profits & User-Groups, etc. to further the strategic goals of AUGI as a whole

3. Do you have time to get more involved with additional AUGI volunteer activities beyond the Board of Directors?

a. Yes, I do!!!

4. What were your volunteer efforts completed within AUGI during 2012?

a. President of Los Angeles Revit Users Group, a premiere AUGI Users Group that has now expanded to Orange County and San Francisco, California to bring users together more than ever before on the West Coast.
    b. Plans to expand further are in the works.

5. Please provide 3 reasons for wanting to join the AUGI Board of Directors and what you expect to gain from your service on the board?

a. My reasoning for becoming an AUGI Board member is based on a sense that I offer experienced industry insights and can combine a ‘boots-on-the-ground’ approach with the necessary strategic thinking that all Boards require. We all must provide individual input, yet build consensus with others to ensure the ongoing growth of AUGI as a whole & those combined skills are part of my cache.
    b. My personality is not one to sit on the sidelines; If elected to the Board I will enjoy combining considered research with implicit experience & responsiveness to propose ideas, provide guidance and complete programs for user benefit: all in order to forward AUGI’s goals and to bring the best possible solutions, in the most efficient ways, to the most people possible.
    c. If elected to the Board, I would be remiss if I didn’t say that not only would AUGI be gaining great benefits from my active participation, but also I would both personally & professionally realize greater success & standing. I say this, as if elected as an AUGI Board member I will bring excitement and dedication for all users, as well as the organization itself.
    d. OK, this is a 4th reason, nevertheless… Having my input to the Board bear success will prove a great point of accomplishment for me as well as to the Board of Directors and AUGI as a whole. We will provide an expanded platform of offerings and accomplishments to AUGI and further showcase Autodesk’s offerings to more diverse industry leaders.

6. What top three AUGI programs do you think are most important to the membership and why? Can you describe a way to improve them?

a. AUGI Wishlists are perhaps the most important of AUGI Programs to users. I would begin by:
    i. Improving the overall wishlist process & execution, including creating a focus to:
    1. Deliver better user experience
    2. Provide transparency into past/present items & status
    3. Enhance the marketing of the lists & solutions in-line with all current media outlets
    b. AUGI Forums are a key to AUGI’s standing throughout design based industries. I would like to grow these by making them more accessible & regularly produced, as well as:
    i. Exploring the possibilities of partnering with other digital forums & media outlets to provide a ‘one-stop-shopping’ destination for all things AUGI & Autodesk with added visibility into each supported Industry media outlets
    ii. Build back the user base & develop the AUGI Forums back into the pre-eminent status they once enjoyed
    iii. Deliver better user experience
    c. I will help make the AUGI CAD Camps become trusted & necessary events for users, industry leaders & insiders by focusing more on real-world solutions based programming with more diverse industry participation

7. What area of AUGI needs attention immediately? If you are appointed to the Board of Directors, what would you encourage the Board to address right away?

a. User input. I would like to help AUGI move into being a more widely leveraged set of tools for all user bases. This would include live, remote presentations and informational media-casts, interviews, etc.
    b. Presence | Standing | Benefit

8. What is your point of view on where you see AUGI in 5 years?

a. I see AUGI having the opportunity to become a larger advocate for Industry constituents, including Management and Users alike.
    b. AUGI can become a more relied upon source by more people with the kind of Ideas, follow-through and leadership that I offer. –I understand that might sound arrogant, but it is not; it is a viewpoint that I hold after having taken smaller organizations and growing them into having both National and International prominence and usefullness for diverse groups.

9. What would you do to make the organization more successful in the eyes of the average member?

a. I would champion and help create programs that assist at the “Everyday” level, in addition to more ‘Big-Picture’ programs, geared toward forwarding one’s technical skills as well as employability enhancement and industry visibility for members.

10. In what sectors do you have expertise or experience, examples include AEC, MFG, DEC
    (DV, M & E), CIVIL/GIS? Please describe.

a. I have experience in AEC mainly. My biography should spell that out but I have worked my way, as many from Draughtsman to Designer, Project Manager and now enjoy the role of BIM Director for a large firm, guiding both younger and older generations into the exciting new worlds that the ever expanding technical breakthroughs afford those who take advantage.