Thread: Candidate Information: Bell, Bob

Default Candidate Information: Bell, Bob

Bob_Bell.png

Candidate Statement:

I have been involved with AUGI for many years. I feel that AUGI is one of the best organizations for providing peer-to-peer information and support. AUGI faces challenges due to the economic environment like so many other organizations. I believe that I can offer AUGI the ongoing benefit of my experience as a former member of the Board. I know the demands of the position and I am eager to continue to provide the Board (and the entire organization) the support needed to meet the challenges ahead. There are exciting changes coming and I would appreciate the opportunity to see these projects thru to completion. I have the perspective of a long-time member and the experience of a former Board member. I know that AUGI exists only because of its members and promise to do my best to see that AUGI provides the best for its members.
    Last edited by richard.binning; 2012-11-20 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Added Candidate Responses

Default Re: Candidate Information: Bell, Bob

1. What is your perception of the role of the Board of Directors?

The board oversees the organization in general. It provides direction to the managers of both the volunteers and the paid staff. It plans the benefits and features that AUGI will provide its members.

2. If elected to the Board of Directors, what are your personal goals over the next three years that require being on the Board in order to achieve them?

I would like to see AUGI build Product Communities into more than just forums. I also want to see even more progress with the Wishlist system. Finally, I would like to provide newer board members with the beneft of my long experience with the Board.

3. Do you have time to get more involved with additional AUGI volunteer activities beyond the Board of Directors?

If I were not to be elected to the Board, I would continue to seek ways to volunteer for AUGI.

4. What were your volunteer efforts completed within AUGI during 2012?

My volunteering was as an existing Board member. The Board accomplished many things this year, not the least of which was an improved wishlist system and tiered membership to provide even more benefits to members.

5. Please provide 3 reasons for wanting to join the AUGI Board of Directors and what you expect to gain from your service on the board?

a.Perspective. I have been on the board before and provide continuity to newer members of the Board.
    b.Improve. I feel that AUGI's strongest assest is its members and our members are here for what they get from AUGI. I seek to improve AUGI's offerings to its members.
    c.Experience. Although I have served on the Board before, there is always something new to learn and something new to provide our members. As a member of the Board I gain experience in what our users want and how AUGI can provide it.

6. What top three AUGI programs do you think are most important to the membership and why? Can you describe a way to improve them?

1) Wishlist: AUGI's wishlish is the single best way for 300K people to tell Autodesk what they want in the products. It can be improved by getting members to use it thoughout the year. 2) Forums: This is how our members reach out to each other. It can be improved by getting more members involved in them. 3) Publications: HotNews and AUGIWorld are sources of valuable information. They can be improved by taking advantage of new distribution methods.

7. What area of AUGI needs attention immediately? If you are appointed to the Board of Directors, what would you encourage the Board to address right away?

AUGI needs to finds ways to reduce reliance on sponsorship for income.

8. What is your point of view on where you see AUGI in 5 years?

I see AUGI as a thriving international community that reaches beyond the barriers of language to share talent and ideas in a worldwide community.

9. What would you do to make the organization more successful in the eyes of the average member?

AUGI will only be successful when the average member feels they are getting value for their time, and in some cases, their money. Continuing to improve the wishlish, forums, and publications are great ways to provide value and make AUGI successful.

10. In what sectors do you have expertise or experience, examples include AEC, MFG, DEC (DV, M & E), CIVIL/GIS? Please describe.

I have been in the MEP Engineering field for over 25 years, mostly as a CAD/BIM Manager. I have always been a vocal user of Autodesk products and a firm believer in sharing my knowledge with my peers. AUGI is the best way I have found to do that.