Thread: Editing Civil 3D Surface using Edit Surface command

Login to Give a bone

Default Editing Civil 3D Surface using Edit Surface command

I am trying to add points into a surface. I have done this before without any problems, but now I am having issues.
    When I ID points which makes up the surface it gives me the correct Z level eg. 24.5m, however when I hover over the surface it shows me the surface name and a different z level eg 0.65m. Can anyone explain the reason for this difference in z levels? I think this may be causing the issue I am having when I add new points.
    I select the surface and use the 'edit surface comand' in the ribbon, choosing add point.
    When I add a point at the level I require(23.89m), it puts it in a lot higher than the surrounding area, so I tried to put the point in to the lower z levels (0.4m) it puts it in a lot lower!
    Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, as it is now beginning to slow my work progress, as well as driving me to distraction.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Editing Civil 3D Surface using Edit Surface command

With the help of other users, I have figured out my issue with this. My drawing is (for some unexplained reason) set to inches instead of metres, which is what was causing my problem