Thread: Form work module - what is it for?

Login to Give a bone

Default Form work module - what is it for?

I haven't never actually used this formwork module but I did read couple weeks ago a tutorial written about this module. It seemed that this form work is capapble of handling multiple floors and you can generate sections etc. So it looks like it does many same things that Revit Structure does. So what is this module actually ment? Has anyone really used this module? So far I have usually done most of drawings with vanilla AC and reinforcement drawings with ASD reinforcement module and since reading that tutorial (or was it getting started guide) I started wondering if this form work module could also be useful.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Form work module - what is it for?

Hi jpo,

Long time ago, there was a company named Robobat that created a suite of products called Robo Office. The Robo Office contained ASD Steel, ASD Formwork, ASD Reinforcement and Robot Structural. About 5 years ago, (part of) this company was bought by Autodesk.
    Since ASD Formwork was making the same thing as Revit Structure, they decided to stop developing. That's why for the last 3 version, no addition or improvements were made to ASD Formwork. I consider it as a dead program. In the same situation is CBS (Concrete Building ...something).
    My opinion is that it doesn't make sens learning ASD Formwork. Better invest that time in Revit, because is cleaner then AutoCad, more stable and that looks as beeing the direction Autodesk will go for the construction industry (AEC). AutoCad has limited days (in my opinion).

Lucian.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Form work module - what is it for?

Your answer was pretty much what I assumed. This whole ASD seems to be some kind of transition phase program until they get Revit in full condition. Reinforcement module is good and I like it, seems to be faster than modelling. At least at the moment. But I'm not holding my breath while waiting for major improvements on reinforcement module.