Thread: LINE AND CURVE TABLES

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default LINE AND CURVE TABLES

I've search the forum for info and have seen some people having problems with this feature.

I am having a MAJOR issue with it. It just doesn't play well with others is the best way I can put it.

If you change a table parameter, i.e. spacing and select force realignment, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    have regened, changed across and down, row numbers just about everything I can. still not going back to the right way.

seems like you have to have it set exactly how you want it to appear the very first time.

is anyone else having this type of issue?

thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: LINE AND CURVE TABLES

I too am admittedly having trouble with Curve Tables as well - however my issue(s) seem to be more about not being able to combine Alignment, and Parcel Curve Tables, etc. (currently having to do them separate, which is not how my employer depicts them historically). Grrr
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

thats why I get them close then explode and manually edit them. it's a painful reality of Civil3D.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by remi678731 View Post
    thats why I get them close then explode and manually edit them. it's a painful reality of Civil3D.
    Regretfully one of my own observations in using Civil 3D, and for more than just *Curve Tables - I end up slowing production by using myriad DREFs, etc. or multiple drawings as I'll work in a Civil 3D model (Existing Surface to show contours and label, as example), and then end up exporting to AutoCAD for a 'dumb' linework XREF which greatly increases performance of opening and printing sheet drawings... I just really cannot stand the duplication of work, either. Grrr

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

If you explode them and manually edit them, don't you lose all the dynamic ability of the software?

Also, in a line table, where & what style do you modify to change the parameters of the bearing and distances, i.e. distances to 2 decimal places with a foot mark and bearings to the nearest second.
    is the tag style or some other, I can't find where to change it.

also, in a table with delta, I can't get the style to display degrees, minutes, seconds.

after much digging, I finally found where to change them.
    Last edited by rmk; 2015-11-05 at 09:17 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rmk View Post
    If you explode them and manually edit them, don't you lose all the dynamic ability of the software?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by rmk View Post
    Also, in a line table, where & what style do you modify to change the parameters of the bearing and distances, i.e. distances to 2 decimal places with a foot mark and bearings to the nearest second.
    is the tag style or some other, I can't find where to change it.

also, in a table with delta, I can't get the style to display degrees, minutes, seconds.

after much digging, I finally found where to change them.
    Presumably you found that to modify the Curve Table's output, you simply modify the Curve Table's Style.

Cheers

Computer Specs: