See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Text Editor

Wish List Administration
    0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

Default Text Editor

Summary: Revit needs a more robust text editor

Description: Revit needs a more robust text editor, similar to what Auto cad has now
    This is needs for General notes, Legends, etc.
    Currently our Office standard is to create notes in Autocad and link them into Revit because of Revit's Text editor limitations (i.e. indenting, numbering and/or Bullet points, etc...)

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Annotation Tools

Submitted By: John Blasquez on 11/13/2012

1 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

Cool Re: Text Editor

We use keyed schedules for our notes. Simply start a quantity schedule, I prefer doors, and select schedule keys radio button on the right side of the dalouge box. You only need two parameters for number and text. We hide the headers and the grids. The rest can be picked up as you work with it.

This has worked well for notes as it remains native to Revit, can go on any sheet and is instantly update-able.

There are some minor drawbacks such that editing long lines of text can get cumbersome and any adjustment to the keyed schedule size on one sheet is propagated to all other instances of the notes. Both of these are quite minor and have not stopped us from using it as notes.

That being said, I agree with the wish, it would be nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

Default Re: Text Editor

Revit needs to Fix it's text editor. the current alphabet soup & unstable text format behavior is unacceptable. this has been a Known issue for over 5 releases now.