Thread: So what is next?

Director of Operations David Harrington's Avatar

Default So what is next?

Candidates, please provide an idea for a new benefit or feature of AUGI Membership that doesn't currently exist and never has. As the candidates reply to this thread, please do not repeat a previously posted idea but rather come up with your own. Also do not include previously planned but yet implemented features of AUGI such as the Consultancy listing, Registry, LUG System, etc.

This is your chance to be creative...
    Take care,
    David Harrington
    AUGI Director of Operations

Default Re: So what is next?

I'm unaware of it existing before... need to reach out to the students of the international community at large > Establish a Student Mentoring Scheme.
    Cheers @blads
    Mac Geek | Building Design Suite 2020 | Semi-Retired Building Designer / CAD-BIM Trainer | Autodesk Certified Professional

The Silent Type

I am excited to bring new communication to AUGI. I believe AUGI should help members find local users groups and that information created by these user's groups should be persisted on the website. Currently, these groups on the AUGI webpage appear misleading because they do not reference the local user groups. I believe this portal should allow users to find local user groups. I believe that these local user groups should be able to post information to their local user group webpage via AUGI. When we can bring all the local user groups together under the AUGI umbrella, we strengthen the community by deepening our resources.

Another change I would like to bring is a total reconstruction of the forums. I believe that AUGI should become a repository of information. The current forums however, are not very user friendly. The idea that we need a lot of different forums doesn't make sense given the diversity of the products we use. For instance, if you are a manufacturing company and you wish to research how to bring Excel sheets into Revit, do you go to the AEC forum or the manufacturing forum. I believe we need to eliminate the idea of multiple different forums and go to one central forum much like Stackoverflow.com. We should use tags to identify all the relevant information. We should also reward users for asking and answering questions. As this grows, people can actually put on their resume, for example, that they are a Revit Jedi (had over 10,000 up votes on a question). Not only will this help people looking for information to validate answers, but it will provide incentives for any user to answer questions and share the valuable information. This will produce a community that is beneficial to the local and global user groups and is extremely easy to navigate.

I think a great benefit, especially for professional membership, would be a USB key of all the AU content provided to AUGI. Why? This should be relatively inexpensive and would give a paid member access to premium content without having to download all the content. Sure, they could just download stuff, but not everyone has broadband access or immediate access.
    R. Robert Bell
    Design Technology Manager
    Stantec
    Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect the views of Stantec.

There are multitudes of ideas that AUGI can be doing... Simply look at the Revit Pumpkin carving contest held each year and the excitement and participation that generates in only one partial niche... There are other challenges out there and they usually have thousands or more of visitors and participants...

Ask yourselves; What's in it (AUGI) for members that they cannot get in other forums and websites??? What can we (AUGI) do better?

INTERACT!!!

I would first suggest Monthly or quarterly user collaboration contests. Prizes by Autodesk and the other sponsors...

Interacting with the membership through contests and challenges can bring interest and excitement to and for AUGI by not only inspiring volunteerism, but also participation and the chance to get some of these winning submissions produced!!! What better marketing than to be able to say: "We (AUGI) got that built"!?