Thread: Curtain Wall Door - Host Level

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Question Curtain Wall Door - Host Level

Some of my curtain wall doors are showing the wrong host level.

One of the doors is on the second floor of a multi level curtain wall and is showing the first floor as it's host in the schedule. This sort of makes sense.

However, I have two other doors that are in smaller pieces of storefront that only span one level and they are showing the floor below as the host.

The same door works on other curtain walls and I do not see a place to change a curtain wall door's host level in its properties as you would with a typical door.

Has anyone else seen this or have an idea of how to fix it?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Curtain Wall Door - Host Level

that's the way CW works, host level will be the one when you first add CW even though it will span multiple levels, so all panels including doors will be "hosted" on that level.

if you want to schedule these doors according to "real" level, then you have to find another workaround like filter, API perhaps, ...

Login to Give a bone

So you are saying that the panels will be scheduled based on the initial placement not the final location?

I understand the curtain wall doors where the curtain wall spans multiple floors. I dont understand the two curtain wall doors that are in a single level curtain wall showing the level below. I may have copied or moved the walls from the level below which would follow your explination, but doesnt really make sense.

In other words there is an embedded/ non changeable parameter that is set when the wall is placed and that is the host level of the panels no matter what?...

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hi

Did you find a way around it? I have exactly same problem..!

Login to Give a bone

I've seen in another forum that you can cut, NOT COPY, to the clipboard, and paste back to the desired level. it seems to work for some, but not for me. There was also the suggestion that it was something in that specific door family that caused the issue. Again, this didn't seem to be the problem for me. I have two doors in the same wall which starts at main floor level and has an unconnected height specified. One door schedules on the right level, the other is 2 levels down.

Someone had sent it in as a support request to Autodesk, and they instructed them to follow the video example on this blog post http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_we...wall-tips.html that involves nesting a curtain wall into the curtain wall panel, then placing a door in the nested wall. The videos seem to be down though, so I'm still left no further ahead.

Login to Give a bone

managed to get it to work by deleting a few curtain grids that bound the door in question. recreated them and changed the panel to a door. it schedules fine now.