Thread: Mechanical 2006 - Functions associated with F3 and F8 keys suddenly swap round

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Mechanical 2006 - Functions associated with F3 and F8 keys suddenly swap round

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can come with a solution to a problem I've recently been encountering with Mechanical 2006 as I can't seem to find any similar threads from other users.

When I've had a drawing open for approx 1 hour or so, I notice that the F3 Osnap & F8 Ortho keys seem to swap places and do the command that the other one is supposed to do (does that make sense?). I have to shut down AutoCAD and open it once again for the keys to execute the commands they are designed for. I've done a repair installation etc etc but this thing keeps coming back with a vengeance and it's really beginning to wear my patience a bit thin now! They work fine when I first open the drawings.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Jay.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mechanical 2006 - Functions associated with F3 and F8 keys suddenly swap round

Hi Jay.
    I'd try a different keyboard.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Mechanical 2006 - Functions associated with F3 and F8 keys suddenly swap round

Hi John,

I've tried that one already. Sorry, should have mentioned that one in my post!

Jay

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mechanical 2006 - Functions associated with F3 and F8 keys suddenly swap round

Quote Originally Posted by jasonhopol
    Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can come with a solution to a problem I've recently been encountering with Mechanical 2006 as I can't seem to find any similar threads from other users.

When I've had a drawing open for approx 1 hour or so, I notice that the F3 Osnap & F8 Ortho keys seem to swap places and do the command that the other one is supposed to do (does that make sense?). I have to shut down AutoCAD and open it once again for the keys to execute the commands they are designed for. I've done a repair installation etc etc but this thing keeps coming back with a vengeance and it's really beginning to wear my patience a bit thin now! They work fine when I first open the drawings.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Jay.
    Sorry maybe I don't understand clear your question.
    When you push F3&F8 your system self shutdown ??
    If happen this you should scan for any virus or you don't install good Program.

Login to Give a bone

Jay seems to be saying -
    At first F3 = Osnap and F8 = Ortho (as normal).
    After some time F3 = Ortho and F8 = Osnap .

Jay - do you notice any problems with other software?
    It doesn't sound like an application problem but a hardware/firmware problem.
    Corrupted BIOS? Keyboard driver?

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Mechanical 2006 - Functions associated with F3 and F8 keys suddenly swap round

Hi John,

I don't have any other software issues, everything seems to be working fine. I'll check out the state of my bios and other hardware/firmware and I'll get back to you. Thanks for your time!

Jay

Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: Mechanical 2006 - Functions associated with F3 and F8 keys suddenly swap round

Quote Originally Posted by jasonhopol View Post
    Hi John,

I don't have any other software issues, everything seems to be working fine. I'll check out the state of my bios and other hardware/firmware and I'll get back to you. Thanks for your time!

Jay
    I am having the same problem with AutoCAD 2012. Keyboard and BIOS are not the issue. This is frustrating for me, since these are imaged workstations at a school, so they all should be working the same.

Any ideas?!?!