See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Improve Doors

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default Improve Doors

Summary: Update door tools to be more adaptable for gates, toilet partitioning, bar doors, sliding, multipanel bifold and slider. Be able to turn off head, offset head or sill and offset panel from frame in Y would make them a lot more useful.

Description: Doors
    Be able to turn off head (useful for creating gates, toilet partitions etc without major dance.
    Be able to offset door from head or sill (tick box and distance box) (bar doors, gates, toilet partitions.
    Be able to offset door panel (for sliding door outside frame instead of cavity slider (for when building in masonry)
    Addition of unsupported pack (fine) of best of customisations for certain situations.
    ie. mutlipanel bifold doors, movable walls etc. (maybe as an unsupported pack like express tools was).
    Fix the problem of not being able to select a custom door object that uses blocks to replace default objects in plan or iso/perspective view.
    Additional door types such as multipanal doors,perhaps gates (no head), drawers?, Although the no head would more flexible as separate option.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Architecture - Doors

Submitted By: Nathan Ellery on 11/26/2012

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Improve Doors

All these wishes can currently be made within the existing software, and has had that capability for years.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Can you please explain just one of the them Chucky. I think you may have confused your softwares.
    This link is about Autocad Arch, not Revit.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I think you have it confused. ACA has no toggle for turning off heads and jambs. I have created many doors in ACA that you describe. For example, create a gate with a door and just don't include a head in the make-up.

Setting up frame offsets can be done by selecting the door, then hovering the cursor over the center grip and tab through to y offset and move the door either direction until satisfied.

Offsetting a sliding door requires the creation of a door with a panel outside the wall.

I don't know what your last two items are talking about.

There are several excellent tutorials archived at AU, and most by Paul Aubin are excellent.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

This is a wish thread! I am asking for a toggle turning off heads. I have also created many 'doors' I describe. My point (wish) is that it should be much easier to accomplish than jumping through hoops. Why should I have to attach a custom frame (with no head) to each DR I use, when I could just tick a box to turn off the head. Get it. I didn't post this in the help NG, I posted in the Wish list NG. These 'wishes' canNOT be accomplished in the current software. You can use workarounds to accomplish them if you know how.
    WISH LIST! Yes?!
    Gee I am grumpy!

For the last 2 items.
    Often when I attached a custom block to a door or window (yes I know I can do this), the frame becomes unselectable with a point click and you must encircle select the whole object at once. This happens with many of my special objects in plan view and model view.
    I think the next one is clear enough.